• Brutal Honesty

"Alison

"Alison . . ." Laura whines while dramatically plopping backwards, landing with her backside against my bed before squeezing her eyes closed as if she was in pain.

I sigh, rolling my eyes, "I know, I don't know why I've said that. It just slipped out in the heat of the moment."

Her eyes shoot open and find mine, "You sat in his lap and grinded yourself against his dick," she states before resting her weight onto her elbows, eyebrows furrowed, "that's the moment to say something like 'fuck me in your car' and not 'I think we should take it slow'."

"I don't get where the problem is?" I say while raising my hands in defense.

Okay, maybe what I'd said to him wasn't what I really wanted in this moment, but I am somehow glad we did not fuck in a car parked in front of my parents' house.

"The problem is that you're about to ruin the one thing that makes you the happiest you've ever been." she takes my hands in hers before showing me a soft smile, "You two obviously can't stay away from each other, and I get it, you're hurt, he lied to you, that was awful and very selfish of him, but I think you would be even more hurt by not going for the one thing you obviously want."

I simply watch her speak, unable to move a single muscle in my body while my best friend verbalizes what I don't want to hear.

Tears form in my eyes, "I know that." I say and move my gaze to our now intertwined fingers.

"Then what's stopping you?" she asks and when I open my mouth, she raises a hand, "The real reason please, not the 'he's famous' bullshit."

I release a desperate breath, thinking about what to answer her for a moment as I feel a slight burn in my eyes, making me close them.

"What if it doesn't work out?" I almost whisper before opening my eyes, causing the built tears to run down my cheeks, "What if I go all in, fall in love so hard that my heart would not only break but shatter into pieces if we'd break up and it doesn't work out? I would see him everywhere, he would be everywhere. Hell, what if he had a new girlfriend? The internet would be full of those cute little couple pictures and interviews and stuff. So yes, I'm giving you the fucking 'he's famous' bullshit. I just know that it would destroy me."

I turned into a sobbing mess. Not only did I admit this to Laura for the first time, but also to myself. The naked and ugly truth.

"Oh, sweetie." she says and pulls me against her, wrapping her arms around me tightly.

I let my arms fall into her lap and hold onto the hem of her shirt, unable to hug her back while slowly soaking the fabric of said shirt with my tears. "I don't know what to do."

"Look at me Alison." she says but I just sob some more, burying my face into her chest, "Look at me!"

The demanding tone of her voice makes me sit up and when I come to face her, she tucks my hair behind my ears before cupping my face with her hands.