• Too Good To Be True

"Woah! Watch your step!" a voice resonates, causing my head to shoot up when I see the enraged woman infront of me, "You almost knocked me over

"Woah! Watch your step!" a voice resonates, causing my head to shoot up when I see the enraged woman infront of me, "You almost knocked me over."

"I-I'm sorry." I fumble with my words before I continue heading towards the exit with wobbly steps, my vision blur because of the tears that are filling up my eyes.

I'm trying to process what just happened, how my life jumped from the state this morning to now, whatever now is. My thoughts are loud and muddled, the power of my mind not in my controll anymore, the attempt to think clearly out of the window. I don't know what to think, if I should go back and talk with him, god how my heart craves that I just run back to his gate, jump in his arms and letting him tell me that everythings going to be okay, but my brain takes control over my body, navigating my legs, dragging me towards the exit.

I look outside through the huge glass wall at the entrance of the building that surrounds the slide door where I came inside moments before, the people with the microphones and cameras still ouside of the airport, as if they would wait for me to come out, which is absolute nonsense of course.

My eyes start to scan the room for another exit as someone taps my shoulder, "Miss?"

I turn around anxiously, afraid it's one of the paparazzi's but my gaze meets the security guard from earlier, "Yes?" I say, pain tinging my voice.

"Are you okay? Do you want me to escort you to your car?" he asks, his facial expression neutral while his hand rests soothingly on my shoulder.

My eyes land on the crowd outside again as I consider his words, my stomach knotting at the thought alone about walking out this door on my own, considering how intense it was even with Chris by my side, who covered me from the crowd with his body. A cold shiver runs down my back and I turn back to the securityguard, "That would be nice, thank you."

The man nods, "Okay, follow me." he says before adding, "Maybe you want to put these on again," pointing to Chris' sunglasses that I'm still holding in my hand.

I look down at them, the picture of him wearing them shooting in my head. Quickly I shake off the thought of him before saying, "Oh, yeah. Sure."

Hesitating for a moment, I eventually put them on the bridge of my nose before following the man in the all black suit out the door, the crowd immediately starting to yell questions again. I lower my head, trying to concentrate on my hectic breathing and to keep putting one foot infront of the other, the situation making these simple things very difficult at the moment. I keep following the guard, trying my best to block the voices out.

Since when are you and Chris together?

Were you two on vacation?