202. The Best Actor

When Qi Le’an returned to his seat, the broadcast had already started for ten minutes. Wei Changfeng asked in a low voice, “What took you so long?”

Qi Le’an said so gently that only they two could hear what he said, “I had a fight in the toilet!”

Wei Changfeng was startled and turned to Qi Le’an at once. Seeing that Qi Le’an’s shirt was still smooth, he felt relieved and asked, “What was going on?”

“Haha,” Qi Le’an smiled and said, “I met Li Zheyu. That really vented my spleen!”

Wei Changfeng looked at Qi Le’an helplessly and said, “Don’t get yourself in trouble next time… If you want a fight, you can get me together.”

Qi Le’an couldn’t help laughing.

The camera caught this scene and the audience in front of the computer saw Wei Changfeng was saying something dotingly to Qi Le’an, and Qi Le’an smiled happily.

All of a sudden, the screen was filled with bullet comments and pink bubbles.

#OMG My idols are showing their love#

#They are so sweet#

#I’m stuffed with dog food now#

On Weibo, someone even created a GIF of the two people, then Qi Le’an and Wei Changfeng became a trending topic again.

At eight o’clock, as the lights went dim, the award ceremony started officially.

Ya Ting, a Hongkong actress who starred in the movie “Better Days”, was standing on the stage, looking elegant and charming. She was holding the microphone and said, “Welcome to the 26th Golden Film Awards!”

Sitting in the auditorium, Qi Le’an watched the clips on the big screen and allowed his mind to wander elsewhere.

It wasn’t a dream. He literally managed to sit here with his own effort one day.

The award ceremony was an extremely long process. The awards were given to the actors and actresses one by one from insignificant ones to important ones, and each award went through the process of nomination, announcement, award-giving, and speech of thanks. As time went by, Qi Le’an’s anxiety turned into peace. He watched every segment on stage and the trailers of each nominated movie earnestly. He saw people crying, laughing, or kissing each other excitedly.

“The winner of the Best Director of the 26th Golden Film Awards is…”

Ya Ting’s voice was still powerful and the trailers of the nominated movies flashed across the big screen. Qi Le’an saw that the trailer selected from the movie “Blue” was the morning he left, where sunlight shone through the window on the bed.

“Guan Kai! ‘Someone Likes Blue’!”

Qi Le’an clapped crazily. He saw Guan Kai stand up in the front row and the producer hugged Guan Kai tightly. Qi Le’an was full of joy. Guan Kai got it! He really got it!

“Please welcome Director Guan Kai to the stage,” Ya Ting smiled and said.

Guan Kai looked back at Wei Changfeng and Qi Le’an. Qi Le’an gave him a big smile, then Guan Kai, whose face was shining with happiness, walked to the stage.

The person who gave the award to Director Guan was Elder Ge, the teacher of Director Chen, the director of “Better Days”. He was a famous director who could write his name in the Chinese movie history. Qi Le’an had met him once and was especially respectful to this experienced director.