227. Mothering

The summer of the year was destined to be extraordinary. After Qi Le’an knew that Wei Changfeng was coming back, he prepared gifts for the two children, and then he went to the airport to pick them up early.

Because there were teachers in the welfare house, Qi Le’an contacted his assistant and found a minibus, so that it could pack in all of them.

After waiting in the parking lot for a while, Qi Le’an saw Wei Changfeng and the teachers with the two children.

The two children had obviously changed into new clothes. Little Orange was wearing a delicate little dress and a beige jacket. An Cheng was also wearing a clean T-shirt and a pair of pants, with a schoolbag on his back.

The schoolbag looked like a sports bag. It was a little tattered but it was full.

Wei Changfeng hugged Little Orange while Brother Zhi hugged An Cheng. An Cheng was still pulling a face, but he looked like a young handsome man.

After everyone got in the minibus, Qi Le’an smiled and gave An Cheng a lollipop. An Cheng put his hands behind his back and refused it, so Qi Le’an forcibly thrust it into his hand.

Then he turned to look at Little Orange in Wei Changfeng’s arms. Little Orange was very timid and looked at Qi Le’an shyly like a fawn.

Qi Le’an gave Little Orange a candy and asked in a low voice, “Do you still remember me?”

Little Orange pursed her lips. Just as Qi Le’an thought she wouldn’t respond to him, the child nodded.

The action was very light and Qi Le’an’s eyes lit up.

A female teacher on the side also said, “Little Orange shrinks from meeting strangers. I didn’t expect she and you to be compatible, Mr. Qi.”

The new teacher was younger than Mrs. Li. They heard that she was in charge of Little Orange and An Cheng’s daily life. Qi Le’an greeted the teacher, “Hello, Mrs. Zhao. Little Orange is a good girl.”

Mrs. Zhao smiled.

Brother Zhi also smiled. “Our An Cheng is also a very good boy! He is so good at taking care of his sister. Is it true, An Cheng?”

An Cheng was pulling a face and didn’t say anything. Mrs. Zhao smiled awkwardly.

Seeing the child still holding the lollipop tightly in his hand and keeping his spine straight, Qi Le’an knew that he was still afraid.

This time, they came to Beijing mainly to have a check-up for Little Orange and prepare for An Cheng’s shooting. Logically speaking, the crew should provide accommodation for them, but Qi Le’an and Wei Changfeng discussed it last night and decided to let Mrs. Zhao and the others live in a small department on the same floor as them lived.

The small department was also bought by Wei Changfeng. Their had two houses on that floor, one big and one small. Wei Changfeng had bought both the houses on that floor for convenience.

No one lived in the small department after buying it. This time, he happened to arrange for the house to let Little Orange and An Cheng live in.

The house was close to the children’s hospital, so it was convenient for Little Orange to check up. Wei Changfeng lived next door, so it was convenient for him to have a heart-to-heart talk with An Cheng.

Mrs. Zhao was very grateful for this. Seeing that Qi Le’an had even changed the children’s bedsheets, she thanked the two of them. She was in her thirties, so she also often paid attention to entertainment news, knowing that both of them were big shots in showbiz.