Marriage Dispute

"I'm already scarred, Kayc. Besides I made a promise to myself the day Bree was born. I'll always protect her no matter the consequences." He stares blankly down at me vowing. "I'll teach you, for Bree."

Tate and Bree are still gone. Monica too. Our children are the legacy of the Yellowstone Dutton Ranch. Kayce, me and the police department took out the remaining group who attacked the family. Laying in the bed I sigh heavily feeling my fingers still on the trigger. Kayce went to morning ride with John. The next few hours Kayce and I sit in the office about something with cattle. Truth is people like us fight for their lands and animals. Kayce and I drove through a man's gate after refusing entry. John sent Jimmy to work as a rodeo guy since he got injured trying to ride a rodeo horse again. He broke his promise to his boss. Beth came back home throwing Carter in the barn aggressively to sleep for the night mumbling curse words.

Entering the house I see Kayce staring up the stairs. Something about his body language says he's hiding something. I hate to say it. Footsteps approach from behind for me to see a messy Bree, my child. "Mommy?" God tell me I ain't dreaming. Tears well in my eyes racing to her. She clings onto me crying. "Where - where were you?" She pulled away face red from crying. "I hid in the bunks underneath the barn." Looking over my shoulder to Kayce I snarled holding her hand tightly in my hand. "You better have a hell of a reason of why you lied to me!' He looked to his boots trailing off. "Tate and Monica won't leave their room. He's living under his bed. Bree was too - until I told her you were okay-"

I slap him harsh across the cheek cursing. "Get Monica the hell away from here...from my daughter. Because if I see her I'll send her to the train station!" He tries to grab my arm but I pick Bree up heading for the door. "Y/n, Tate killed someone. I've tried to say he needs a doctor but she won't listen-" Kicking the front door open I grab a shotgun slinging it over my shoulder. "Of course she won't listen. Kayce all she has done since the day you brought her and Tate to this ranch is complain. Complain that you're father - this family is nothing but evil. I've tried to be nice to her, that's over. I'm done. She's gonna turn your son into a sick kid and I don't want my child apart of her crap!"

Stomping down the stairs I head for the Bunkhouse hoping there's an extra bed for us. Kayce grabs my arm stopping me with tears slipping. "Please just listen to me. Bree is fine, she immediately wanted away from her." Bree clutched my jacket in her hands whimpering. She'd never seen us fight before. "You know why she ran, it's because she's not her mother. I'm her mother, Kayce. Monica is a stranger to her...she'll never protect her. Only I'll protect, care and love Bree Dutton!"

"I'll love her. I do love our daughter - I love you!" He shouts back in my face. Sniffing through tears I remove my engagement ring from him tossing it to the dirt. "Rip was right all along. I should've just acted like we never met, never fell in love, never did anything. You're loyalty is with her - with the Indian reservation. Not with this ranch, not with me, and sure as hell not with the Dutton name." Turning on my heels I stomped away not saying another word to him.

Entering the Bunkhouse Lloyd sees me and gives me a sad look. "You can have the bunk above mine, miss L/n." I nod politely laying Bree down under the covers. "Thank you, Lloyd." Bree yawns drifting off to sleep. "Mommy are you and daddy not getting married anymore?" Wiping away some tears left on my cheeks I kissed her goodnight. "Get some rest baby. We'll talk in the morning." She finally gets some sleep. Lloyd crawls in his bunk below as the others head to bed. Throwing on my jacket and grabbing my gun I head for the barn.

Once inside the closed doors I kick and cursed for a few minutes until Rip's voice broke me. "I'm guessing you found out." Whipping my head his direction he closed the last horse stall. "He's a freaking liar, Rip. I mean how could he do this - after everything. After coming back to play with my heart and seductively making me say yes to marry him. Am I dummy in his eyes?" Slumping into the dirt pressing my back against the wood I let tears slip.

"I'll tell you one thing darlin'. You're not a dummy. Kayce is, for not seeing how awesome you are." Rip sitting beside me now brushing my hair from my face. "You did a hell of a job raising Bree on your own for years. She's better on this ranch then anywhere else and it's all because of her wonderful kick-ass mother." Wiping away tears I sniffed hugging him. At first he's hesitant but hugs back tightly.

We break apart and he raises a brow seeing my face turned to a serious one. "Y/n, what's that look for?" Getting to my feet I hang up my golden pin hat on a hook he gave me years ago, opening the barn door I leave with one final wording glance to him. "I'm gonna go tell John that if Monica isn't off this ranch by morning. I'm taking Bree with me and moving in with my parents."

Will Kayce earn Y/n's love back or will she hate him forever?

Comment and vote :)