Ruined Peace

"Kayce...we have to get out of this bed." I playfully groan getting pulled back onto his bare chest. He just captured his lips with mine humming against them. Ever since we got married last night we haven't left this bedroom. But the sunlight was starting to stream through the window meaning we're late for work. "Just give me five more minutes baby. Five more minutes to imagine the world isn't filled with monsters." He mumbles into my knotted hair as I breathe softly. Truth be told I didn't want to leave this room either. This room means I finally have Kayce in my arms. He's right that the outside world is dangerous especially with this family's attacker still out there and my father in law becoming the new govenor of Montana.

Kayce and I finally got ourselves out of the bed hoping the day will be easy on us. Throwing on my brown jacket I exited the house with him following behind me. For the most part everything went fine. Summer was arrested with a bunch of other protesters that were on the sight the casino building. Swinging my legs over my brown horse fixing my light brown hat on my head. Kayce climbed on his horse clicking his tongue having our horses ride up into the mountains. Tate and Bree are at my parents place for a few days giving us alone time. Kayce dismounted his horse first helping me down since my limping leg had been hurting lately. I sit down in the grass laying on my back after removing my hat. He chuckled laying down beside me laying my head on his chest. "This is how things always should've been for us, baby." He breathes into my hair as the sun brightens the landscape in front of us.

John had asked Rip to ride with him to deliver cattle and go visit the sheriff. "We could just go up to the summer camp and stay like this forever. You and me, with Tate and Bree...forever." I mumbled into his chest leaning up kissing his lips. He rolled over so he's hovering above me smirking. "I've been thinking..." He kisses me but breaks away when I mumbled against his lips. "What's that, cowboy?" He says between kisses smiling. "Let's have another baby." I tugged at his messy curls pulling his lips down to mine deeper until my phone rings off in my pocket. We break apart groaning as I held the phone to my ear hearing Rip on the other end. "I need you and Kayce to come here. Somebody's got the sheriff held hostage." He hangs up making me get to my feet cocking my handgun answering Kayce's question. "Why are we gonna need guns?" Climbing on my horse again his father wanted my help and I'll always come when he calls. "The sheriff's being held hostage, let's go."

Getting out of the Yellowstone truck I hold my gun up seeing a dead body and smashed windows. Kayce bends down not finding a pulse as I see more dead bodies inside. Climbing over the shards of glass Kayce aims his gun forward until he saw Rip and his dad on the phone. Putting my gun on my belt I rush to the sheriff seeing a bullet wound near his heart, pressing my fingers to his neck I don't find a pulse. "He's gone, Kayce." He removes his hat cursing under his breath. "So much for a fucking peaceful day." I bend my head down disappointed at him dead, he was a good man. Rip meets me outside as the wind blows through my messy braid going down my back, my hands in my Jean pockets. "Why'd you come here I thought you were moving cattle?" He responded with not making eye contact with me. "He wanted to talk with him about keeping the man in prison who attacked us there forever." Turning my head towards him I can't form a smile in this moment. "I don't think he's the guy, Rip." He lifts his head up in confusion. "How do you say that, darlin'?" Glancing over my shoulder I see John and Kayce talking. "If you're in prison you barely have access to the outside world. So how exactly did this guy know where we all were going to be. It doesn't add up, no the partner is still out on the streets." Rip continues to stare at me blankly. "The guy in prison who isn't the man who planned the attack on our family. But I'm gonna find out who it really is."

Days later I bury my face under the covers feeling like crap but I already have a guess of what it is. The bedroom door opens and closed slowly before I felt Kayce's bare chest make contact with me. The day after our wedding I had an abortion of Ryan's baby so everything was back to normal. "Is it women problems, sweets?" I mumbled into his chest until I hold my hands over my mouth going to the toilet throwing up. He immediately followed holding my messy braid away from my face as I keep puking. Once I'm done I press my back against the bathtub with Kayce pressed against my side. Looking at his bare chest my fingers slowly start tracing the Y. This ranch has been my home for years so now I'm finally ready for the final step. "Do you want me to go get Beth?" He spoke into my hair playing with a few loose strands. "It's not necessary Kayce. I already know the answer...the question is are you ready for another baby and the Y?"

Kayce tilts my chin up to his my eyes staring into his beautiful brown ones. Bree and Tate have already been asking for another sibling. It wasn't that thing that holds hesitation in his eyes. I know that he partially doesn't like the brand because he was forced to wear it. But he understands the loyalty that it shows from the members of the Bunkhouse that wear it. He plays with my wedding ring clearly still avoiding my question. "Kayc, Kayc, did you hear me-" He cuts me off with a slow kiss and I gasped at first kissing him back slowly. "You already chose this family by marrying me. Are you fully ready to become apart of this ranch, forever?" Cupping his face in my hands I nod smiling, his freehand resting on my belly. "I'll choose you always Kayce Dutton. The brand and this baby...this new baby of ours will always belong in my heart."

Y/n is ready for the brand and is pregnant again!

Comment you're thoughts :)