You're my Evelyn, and I'm your John

Pushing some clothes into a suitcase Kayce and I had decided that we were going to a little cabin off the ranch for the weekend. Tying my brown boots and putting my hair up in a braid falling down my back. "I got my stuff in the truck and called the hotel so we are all set up."

Kayce came into the bedroom making the wooden floor creak underneath his boots. He tossed his hat onto the bed wrapping his arms around my waist from behind. "I have almost everything packed. Now we just have to tell the kids that we are going away."

"Are we sure it is a good idea to leave the kids with Lioyd and the bunkhouse boys?" He asked, resting his forehead against mine.

Running my fingers through his hair I pulled my head back looking into his brown eyes. "Look, I know we are worried about Bree's pregnancy. But as you said that we deserve a date night away from our children now and then."

"The last time we left Bree and Carter alone he got her pregnant-" He attempted to say.

Raising a brow at him I shook my head pulling myself out of his grasp shutting the suitcase lid and handing it to him. "That may be true, Kayc. But I know for a fact people didn't agree with what we were doing. Dancing around about our feelings forever. Now four beautiful children and a grandchild are on the way."

"I'll see you downstairs, darlin'." He sent me a nod grabbing his hat on his head leaving the bedroom.

Grabbing my brown jacket from the closet I headed down the stairs seeing that the kids were all outside on the porch since it was early in the morning. Carter was saddling his horse with the others getting ready for work since there are no weekends on a ranch. "Hey you guys. You're daddy and I are going out this weekend and we will be back on Sunday. So you will be staying here with Lioyd and the others. I just want you to promise me that you will behave while we are gone."

"You and dad are gonna kiss really loud again aren't you?" Elsa asked where I made a face at her words especially when she mentioned her big sisters. They were smarter to notice these things than we thought they would at such a young age. "Bree did the same thing with Carter."

Bending down on my knees I opened my arms and they both embraced me in tight hugs. "Alright kiddos. We will talk about that later. I love you guys and we will be back...Tate look out for them you understand."

"Sure mamma." He responded making me smile that he was comfortable calling me that even though I wasn't his mother by blood. Walking down the stairs I got in his truck brushing my hands down the light blue dress I was wearing with my boots. Kayce said that we were going somewhere fancy since we didn't have the kids but he wouldn't tell me where we were going specifically.

The drive was normal into town before he pulled the truck into the parking lot. It was a large cabin that was an open window restaurant that overlooked the landscape of Montana. He pulled out my chair for me where I sent him a smile removing my hat sitting on the back of my chair. "I wanted to change up our lives. Considering the last time we had a date we had to rush and found the sheriff shot. So here's to a redo darlin'."

"Here's to a redo, Kayc. I am rather surprised you put on a tie." I pointed out that he was wearing his normal tan jacket and a dress shirt but it wasn't a full on black suit that he would wear during a wedding or funeral. He was wearing a light tie alongside it.

The waitress came over eyeing Kayce until I sent her a glare showing her my ring where she dropped her smirk. "What can I get you two?"

"We will split the steak and some beers." He told her where she glanced back at him while she walked away. Clutching my hands into fists on the table he reached across, making me shake my jealousy. "Easy honey. I married you didn't I. You've got nothing to worry about from that girl."

She brought our food back where we split the steak, eating quietly sending smirks back to each other. I wanted to tell him about what Jaime said to me the other night. It was weighing in on me and making me nervous about whether he might come after me. We finished our dinner and went back to the cabin that he had rented for the night. He pushed open the door letting me inside first where I leaned up on my toes kissing him for the first time tonight. "We don't have to worry about the kids tonight cowboy...and I only say that because they said they could hear us."

"Well they will understand one day. And I am not going to apologize for lovin' on you. You're just too hard to resist." He wrapped his arms around my waist tugging me into his embrace. I smirked, wrapping my arms around his neck mirroring his smirk when he stared down at me like that.

He leans down, having me jump up and wrap my arms tighter around his neck. He moved his hands so he was holding me by my legs until we fell back onto the soft bed. "You don't make it any easier for me either." I declare running my fingers through his hair watching him reach for the bottom of my dress slowly pulling it over my head and tossing it somewhere on the floor.

Moving my hands up to the buttons of his shirt I started undoing them. At the same time he was untying the tie, yanking it over his head grinning ear to ear, crashing his lips onto mine hungerly. "I know that four kids is a handful but I could do this everyday with you..." He muttered, removing his lips down onto my neck making me moan the second he hit my certain spot.

"Kayce!" Gripping the brown curly locks he moaned, running his fingers over my body slowly entering me. We rolled underneath the covers enjoying the feeling so much more than I remembered. It didn't take long for us to both reach our high where we broke the kiss panting like crazy.

He rested his forehead against mine before he flopped down onto my bedside. Rolling over to face him I gasped laying my head on his bare chest listening to his heartbeat. "I love you more than I thought I could anymore....Y/n you are my Evelyn."

"Oh Kayce.." I could see tears forming in his eyes. Leaning up on my elbow I pressed my lips onto his where he smiled into the gentle kiss until I broke it. "How about we go to the bathroom hmm?"

He immediately jumped up tossing the covers aside and I squealed when he scooped me up in his arms carrying me into the bathroom. We both climbed into the bathtub throwing some water around onto the floor. He wrapped his arms around me where I sat on his lap deeply kissing me. "You are a brilliant woman. Stubborn as a horse and beautiful it makes me weak to my knees everytime."

"You really are trying to have baby number five aren't you, baby..." I moaned when he cupped my face in his hands tilting my head so the kiss would go deeper.

He broke it tracing some patterns on my bare shoulders smirking. "Are you saying you don't love me? I mean there should be a bunch of kids running around our ranch."

"You're ridiculous!" Splashing water in his face he glared at me pushing some back at md where we both now soaked but both grinning regardless. "Of course I love you, Kayce. In fact if I am you're Evelyn then you are my John."

Pressing my lips onto his I lay my head on his bare chest feeling him wrap his arms around my waist. He rested his chin on top of my forehead. "Bless my boots sweet girl. We might never leave this hotel room."

"I just might hold you to that, babe." I responded by lifting my head up when he crashed his lips onto mine filling the room with our desires of round two.

Comments really appreciated ❤️
TyKyaiPearson coffer_bish Thank you sending in ideas. It greatly helps me