Change of Scenery

"I'm gonna go tell John that if Monica isn't off this ranch by morning. I'm taking Bree with me and moving in with my parents."

Moving back into my parents seems like the better option until you start living in the Bunkhouse. Changing my living arrangements makes me slightly forget the crap Kayce pulled when he lied to me about our - no my daughter living under the old storage place in the main house. Throwing on my grey jacket I saddle my horse before the sun's risen waiting for John. He trots over with his horse suprised I'm up early since Kayce usually rides with him. "I didn't expect to see up this early with Bree and you no longer sleeping in my house." Clicking my tongue our horses slowly start their walk allowing us to talk. "Monica's been letting her and Tate hide under their beds, raising her to be afraid like she's her child...." He finishes my train of thought staring at me when the horses stop to rest. "But she's not, I know the feeling. That's the good thing about being a grandparent Y/n. You get to do all things you wished you did with your kid and the things you regret you get to do different." My only regret is ever taking Kayce back when he returned to this ranch.

"You know I might have something to take your mind off him. It would give you and I the chance to work together for a change..." He trails off pulling out a picture of a man I don't recognize. His picture is from a prison, the man is bald and has a black beard around his mouth but no name to identify him. "So this guy used to be incarcerated. John I don't understand what does he have to do with?" He points at the picture saying. "He's the man who wanted to kill all of us. Y/n this is our enemy." Tapping my fingers on my handgun attached to my leg I tip my hat up to the man who would've been my father-in-law if I didn't break off my engagement to Kayce. "Then let's start hunting. Because this man has a lot to suffer for."

A couple hours later I enter the Bunkhouse to see everyone is gone except for my daughter and a guy, Walker I believe his name is. Rip told me he had a fondness for Beth and that he picked him up from the prison to come work on the Dutton ranch. "Mama, Walker can play guitar." Bree comes dragging me to sit down by him at the table. A smile plastered on her face is something I thought I'd never see again after her and Tate were taken awhile back. Her innocence light still remains. Tipping my hat up I started to apologize for my daughter bothering him. "Walker I'm sorry that Bree's distracting you from your work. I can watch her now-" He raises a hand cutting me off reaching over to ruffle Bree's hair playfully. "This little gal is no trouble. She's actually a quick learner of playing guitar."

"Oh well - uh thanks." Looking to my hands I twiddle my thumbs thinking back to what John said about the prisoner. That we needed to hunt him down with him. "Walker we don't know each other that well but can I ask you something..." He just nodded letting me talk. "I'm gonna have to take a few trips off the ranch with the boss and I don't want..." I tilt my head to Bree whose playing with his guitar on Lloyd's bunk. "Could you keep an eye on her until I get back?" Walker answers before I see some empty beer bottles getting an idea. "Of course, darlin'." Picking up my shotgun and the bottles I ride out into the fields thinking I'm not being followed until someone whistled behind me. My eyes catch sight of Ryan and a few yards away are the other Bunkhouse cowboys. Crap I'm busted.

Ryan dismounted his horse helping me sit down the beer bottles, curiosity asking. "What are all these for?" Cocking my gun I aimed it off to the distance getting centered on the bottles. "Relationship issues made me want to blow something up." He reaches into his pocket glancing over his shoulder like he's afraid to get caught. "Don't tell the boss but I have this. Will it help?" In his hand he has a small firecracker that makes me smirk. Sitting it inside the middle bottle I warned him, finger set on the trigger. "Ryan get back. It's going to blow." He obeys my orders just before I pulled the trigger. The bottles fly off in shards with a huge explosion going off. I throw my hands up cheering and suddenly jumping into Ryan's arms as he smirks. He chuckles into my hair feeling the heat from the small blast.

"What are you mormons doing!" Both our bodies freeze in place at Rip's voice booming across the field. "Well that's it. I'm busted." Ryan mumbled into my ear still holding onto me as I chuckled nervously to the ranch hand stomping up to us. "Rip it wasn't Ryan's idea. It was mine. I needed to let off steam." He pinches the bridge of his nose in frustration. "Y/n, you could've gotten yourself hurt. Ryan help her clean this shit up and get her back to the Bunkhouse." He rides his horse off to keep working the others. I let my shoulders in relief that he's not too angry. "Maybe next time we hang out it shouldn't involve explosions."

Ryan tilts his head to side jokingly with a smirk on his face. "The next time we hang. Are you asking me out Y/n?" My face turns into a blushing mess causing me to finally pull myself from his embrace. "I uh - no I didn't mean it like that. I mean if you wanted - aaagg!" I pull on my hair annoyed for acting like a teenager again. Truth is Ryan is attractive in my eyes. I guess I just kept that to myself when I was back together with Kayce. Maybe dating somebody else is just what I need.

"Hey don't freak out. I know what you meant but...you know if you ever want to I'm available." He still has a smirk plastered on his face climbing on his horse, winking my way. I climbed on my horse following him back to the Bunkhouse. There are things about this place that make me happy. The cowboys and cowgill are a lot of fun. Rip, John and Beth are here for me. Apparently Ryan as well. Bree's home is this ranch and it's not like I can't have her live with my parents. They live on the otherside of the Dutton fence line after all. My eyes trailed to Ryan as he dismounted his horse watching me from the corner of his eye. Maybe just maybe a new relationship is what I need. A relationship with Ryan.

Oh snap, Is Y/n going to date Ryan?

How will Kayce react?

Comment and vote :)