Relationship Fights

Decided to make another chapter before the episode airs on Sunday

Weeks had passed and somehow Ryan and I instantly connected. Somehow it just clicked between us, like it was always meant to be this way. Walker has taught Bree how to play a whole song on the guitar and takes her on horse rides before they go to bed for the evening. It's funny how the people you're warned about can be dangerous are actually the ones who bring a smile to your face. My head rested on Ryan's chest with him laying on his back on his bunk. His left hand playing with loose strands of my hair his right arm behind his head on the pillow. Everyone else was off training horses like Travis had shown us before leaving with Jimmy. So thankfully nobody would be looking for us for a few hours. Bree's been practicing her cattle roping with the help of Colby and Walker who have turned it into a fun contest so it's entertaining for her.

"You know we could get caught slacking off baby." His voice makes me lift my head up smiling. "Yep but I'm too comfortable to move." Leaning up I plant a kiss to his lips. He kisses back deepening the kiss by rolling me onto my back so he's hovering above me. My hands fly to his hair knotting my fingers through it until we have to break for air. Ryan eyes trail me up and down smiling. Suddenly the Bunkhouse door opened causing us to whip our heads in the direction to see my daughter. "Bree?" Ryan and I both questioned together. She comes tugging me up with the tug of my arm. Ryan followed us outside as I trailed off in confusion. "Sweetie what are...Kayce."

He stands arms crossed over his chest angrily. Staring at me with a look that could kill. "Can you explain to me why the hell my daughter was riding a horse with Walker?" Stepping away from my daughter I snipped. "I wanted a break now and then. I'm working with you father. Plus he makes her, the both of us happy." Kayce pinches the bridge of his nose causing his black dusty hat to almost fall off. "He's not a good influence Y/n. He used to be in prison remember-" I get up in his face feeling the warm sun and wind blowing my hair. "So does that mean we judge people by their past. Cause I'm pretty sure you slept with Monica regardless of knowing she's native American. I'm also sure everyone living in the Bunkhouse has a past they aren't proud of. What you gonna do just kick them all off the ranch."

"Y/n, I'm divorcing Monica tomorrow morning." I spin on my heels not falling for his lies but his right hand secures my wrist stopping me. "Let go Kayce." His brown eyes firmly stare into mine. "Not until you talk to me. I love you. You were right Monica doesn't belong here-" I try pulling my arm from his but fail. Ryan steps forward to intervene. "She said let her go man." Kayce scoffed to him. "You don't know what any of this is about so back off. It ain't any of your damn business!!" Ryan shoves him back releasing my wrist before Kayce tries to punch Ryan. "Considering I'm dating her I feel like this is my business." Immediately Ryan takes a swing right back which only angers Kayce more. He lands a punch to his jaw Ryan stumbles backwards to charge at him tackling him into the dirt.

The pair kept swinging punches causing Bree to cry in tears. "Daddy stop!" Running up I punch Kayce in the nose getting him off Ryan making him fall harshly into the dirt. Shacking my right hand in pain the wind blowing my hair into a mess with tears in my eyes I growl above my ex fiance. "This is down right insane Kayce. Ryan doesn't even know about what happened between us but thanks to you he's gotten beat up. Jamie was right to tell me your trouble!" Holding my other hand out I help Ryan off the ground hearing Rip and the other people of the Bunkhouse surrounded us. "What hell have I told you idiot's before. If you wanna fight, come fight me. I'll fight you all godamn day!" He death stares Kayce and Ryan. "Get back to work. Y/n get him cleaned up and little B come ride with me." Rip's voice changed to a softer tone as she runs up to him wiping away tears.

"Stay the hell away from my daughter Kayce John Dutton!" I cursed helping Ryan into the Bunkhouse. He sits on his bed lightly moaning in pain watching me come over with a wet rag to stop his nose bleeding. "I'm so sorry Ryan. He never should've done this." He winces as I gently cleaned the wound on his cheek. "He was being an asshole. I couldn't stand by and watch him hurt you like that. If you don't mind me asking what was that all about?" I stopped cleaning his wounds contemplating on telling him everything. I really like Ryan I do, care for him deeply. But would he feel the same after hearing all the messed up stuff I've been through.

He puts his right hand to my cheek eyeing me sweety, addressing the bruising on my right hand from punching Kayce. "You can tell me anything, darlin'." Sighing heavily I don't dare look him in the eye, my vision only focuses on him cleaning my Injured hand. "Years ago Kayce and I got together, he cheated on me with Tate's mom. A couple days later I found out I was pregnant with Bree. He left then came back. We became this on and off again couple because he's still married to Monica. After the attack on this ranch he lied to me about where our - my daughter was. Turns out Monica was trying to turn my child into a freak who didn't want anyone else around but her...because she hates being here, living here with a family that's done horrible things. I broke off our engagement that same night."

"Well seems to me Kayce is the one in the wrong, not you Y/n." Whipping my head around at his words I hault in my tracks believing he wouldn't want to be anywhere near me. "You mean that Ryan?" He nods his head beckoning me over to pulling onto his lap suddenly. "Ryan, what are you?' He cuts me off crashing his lips to mine, his bearded chin tickling me. "I'm kissing the girl I care for that's what. Y/n you're hearts been broken and betrayed. I wanna be the one to fix it. Can I be that guy for you babydoll?" Wrapping my arms around his neck I crash my lips down onto his pushing him down to fall on his back. "Yes, of course. I just have one request." His hands trail up and down my arms staring into my eyes. "Anything just name it." Cupping his face in my hands I rolled myself onto my back so he above me like earlier. "Make love to me, cowboy." He smiled discarding his shirt and helping me pull mine over my head before we started kissing each other passionately.

Kayce's POV
Tate's been getting better with his trauma. Bree too. Y/n still won't speak to me. Riding my horse I groan from yesterday's brawl with Ryan. Resting my back against the wooden fence of where my mother died in the field behind me. Closing my eyes I mumbled out in the open as if my mom can hear me. "I've messed up mom. I've messed up real bad. I met this girl whose my everything, ended up getting her and another pregnant. I thought bringing them together would fix my desire to see Y/n but, it only made things worse..." Shoving my hands in my jacket pockets I huffed looking to the ground defeated. "I wish you were here to tell me what to do. Cause I don't have a dang clue how to fix it. How to make her fall in love with me again, how to be a better husband or father...I'm lost mama."

Another horse appeared seeing my dad dismount to lean against the fence. I hoped we'd just stand in silence unfortunately that's not the case. "I've been half a man without her. It's not an excuse. I was just a better father when she was with me. I hope you never know what that feels like, son." Knowing he's talking about mom. It still doesn't help with all my mistakes. "I already know what it feels like, dad." He turns his head my way voicing. "Son, you're and Y/n's relationship used to be the strongest one I'd ever seen. So pure, so full, so alive with love. But lately it's become horse shit." Nothing gets past him on this ranch.

"Dad I really don't want to -" He cuts me off fully facing the field and I state the  opposite direction. "I'd like to believe there's a plan to it all. But I - I don't see one." Turning my head his direction I argued back. "So what exactly do you want to me to say, to do dad. She's with Ryan. She won't fucking look at me, let alone talk to me!" He tipped his hat up seeing the sun rising off in the far distance. "Figure it out Kayce. If you truly love her with all your heart, you'll figure it out. There's no shortcuts around romances. They're difficult and exciting all at the same time. I saw Monica leaving this morning with divorce papers. Now you don't have to tell me anything. But just ask yourself the question, who'd you do it for. For Tate, for Bree, for what's best for them, for Monica's happiness or for Y/n's. If Y/n ain't the first answer then...I'm sorry to say it but you don't deserve her." He climbed on his horse riding off without another word or glances back at me. He's right. She's my everything.

Comment and vote :)