Second Baby

I clutch my eyes closed seeing two pink lines. "It's yours, Ryan."

This secret has been eating away at me two days. I never felt this way when Ryan and I were just dating and Kayce didn't know, but this is much worse. I'm pregnant again. I'm pregnant with Ryan's child. Watching from my bedroom window I see Bree and Ryan playing with Maxon in the grass. Huge grins on their faces both laughing together. Ryan is good with her like Walker is, he'd be a good father. But this ranch isn't safe right now for another innocent baby. The man who attacked us is still out there free to come after the ranch again. Bree still wakes up in the middle of the night sometimes screaming from seeing Tate kill somebody.

Grabbing my hat off the bed I place it on my head my hair braided down my back, heading outside. Resting my hands on my stomach I mumbled under my breath. "I'm so sorry Ryan. Our baby isn't safe." Closing my eyes I take a few breaths until a certain voices makes me freeze in place. "You're pregnant with Ryan's baby." Whipping my head around I see Kayce standing at the last stair of the porch, tears welling in his eyes. "Kayc, kayce no. Let me explain, Kayc please...kayce!" He spun on his heels saddling his horse saying nothing as I let tears slip. What did I just do.

Ryan noticed me ruffling Bree's hair coming to me concern in his voice. "Hey you alright?" Flinging my arms around  him I sobbed into his chest he wraps his arms around me feeling tears. "Kayce knows about the baby! I know - we haven't talked about..." He tilts my chin up to his wiping away my tears. "Y/n listen I don't need my own child. Bree is enough for me. She's like a daughter to me." Parting my lips in confusion at why he's okay with this but he keeps talking. "Just go explain to Kayce what happened. And I know you're gonna say why would he take you back after this. Because I can see the spark between you two, he's your first love and that's something special."

"Ryan I - I'm sorry I ever involved you in all my stuff..." He brushes hair behind my ear leaning down kissing me softly. "I'm not, Y/n. Ever since I stepped foot on this ranch I knew I was in for a wild ride. I'm glad you're apart of it." A grin finally makes my lips when I lean up on my toes kissing him. He slowly kisses back and I giggle that his scruff tickles me. "I hope someday Bree can find someone just like you Ryan. Someone can be kind to her heart." Finally we break for air grinning when Bree runs over before Maxon tackled her licking her happily as she giggles. I pray that I can fix my mistake.

Beth had an interesting meeting with Summer in the kitchen earlier this morning. I get a call from an unknown number from someone on the Indian reservation that makes John drop me off there seeing Kayce. Something about missing horses he glanced back my way without a word. Monica and Tate waited in his truck as I nervously asked. "Can I uh get a ride back?" Tate scoots over in the backseat grinning at me. "Hi Y/n." I smile back at him staring at Kayce who stares back at me in the rearview mirror. "Kayce, I'm - I'm sorry..." I mumbled seeing Monica's eyes on me. "Let's talk once you're home." He breathes out quickly bringing silence. Tate tapped my shoulder excitedly. "I got a dog like Bree!" I grin brightly glad to see joy on their faces. "I'd love to meet your little doggy sometime Tate. I'm sure little B and Maxon would love the company."

LIoyd stabbed Walker last night John wants no girls in the Bunkhouse so Bree and I are sleeping in the main house with him once more. Rip fires Tetter and wants the boys to fight. Carter watches alongside me. Ryan rests a hand on my lower back as I intertwine my hands together. All this over a rodeo girl. LIoyd you've been on this ranch longer than anyone. "I see why you say this place is dangerous, Y/n." He mumbles when my head lays in the crook of his neck. John comes outside saying. "Those two really don't like each other." John gets in the ring making me lift my head up in shock. Rip takes his place and I cover my eyes. "I'm releaved our child never sees this mess."

That evening sitting on the porch swinging my legs back and forth I sigh heavily hearing footsteps approach me. "I'm sorry I had to kick you out of the Bunkhouse darlin'." Rip spoke softly but I shake my head feeling sorry for Tetter. "I don't deserve an apology Tetter does. She wears the brand, not me." He comes sitting down beside me removing his hat. "Where we're you today?" My hands rest on my stomach thinking about Kayce's stare earlier. He must hate me now. "I uh - to find Kayce and apologize because I messed up. He didn't know - I'm pregnant with Ryan's child." Rip runs a hand over his face holding in a chuckle. "Damn Y/n. I thought we'd grown past these conversations." Looking up at him I eye the wedding ring on his finger thinking of Beth. "I think he's my Beth, you know the person you can't live without. No matter how many times he's left me and he wants me reguardless of my mistakes."

Rip looks down at me placing his black cowboy hat back on his head getting to his feet and I followed. "Then it seems to me you have your answer. Now go get him sweetheart." Grabbing my hat I nod heading down the stairs heading for the house. John stands in the kitchen sipping a beer as I snatch his truck keys from the kitchen Island. "You wanna tell me where you're going with my truck at 10pm." Throwing on my light brown jacket like his I looked to him with determination. "I'm going to bring your son home. He always belongs here with me." John reached into his pocket tossing me something. Opening my hands I see it's Kayce's ring and the engagement ring that was his mother's. "Why did you have these?" I questioned raising my eyebrows. He stepped forward smiling. "I can't imagine anyone else wearing her ring but you Y/n L/n. You and my son are as strong as me and Evelyn were."

Starting John's truck I dialed his number smiling hearing his voice. "Y/n?" Driving under the Yellowstone sign I blurt out with happy tears but scared he'll regret me again. "Kayce Dutton, I love you. You're the only one for me. There's no one else, only you. I know you hate me for sleeping with Ryan and getting pregnant. I - I just couldn't stand not being with you. But I love you, I'll love you always...I'm coming to you unless you tell me you never wanna see me again-" The phone goes silent for a few minutes making me think I shouldn't have said anything until I heard his voice reply. "I only love you too, Y/n L/n. Don't worry your cowboys coming back home."

Are John and Summer gonna get together?

Kayce and Y/n are racing back to one another.

Comment you're thoughts and vote :)