Ranch Kingdom

"Are you positive you wanna wear the brand, Y/n. There's no going back." Kayce asks laying on the bed as I come out of the bathroom after throwing up again. We'd went to the doctor the other day. But it's too early to know the baby's gender. "Yes I am Kayc. I already have said my loyalty is with this ranch. With you." Climbing into bed I lay my head on his chest still worried about what will happen since the sheriff was killed a few days ago. He kissed my forehead his arms gently around my middle enjoying the peaceful silence or at least that's what I'm hoping is running through his head. Knowing my husband I know he wants to end all the violence that happens to anyone who's close to this family, to this ranch, to our kingdom.

Climbing on my horse I groaned out of breath carrying this baby inside of me. "You sure you should be riding?" John's voice meets my ears seeing him heading for the barn. Bree comes out on her own horse eyeing Carter who finishes John's saddle. "You know how to ride a horse?" He asked him seeing him shaking his head no Carter ends up on a horse with the three of us. He curses a lot about it being uncomfortable at first for me to see Bree race up to him on her own horse suggesting a game. "Race ya, Carter." He doesn't respond immediately suprised at her until he tries catching up with her moments afterwards. I chuckled with a smile watching the two riding off together reminding me of my first ride on a horse with Kayce. "I think that's the first time I've seen a smile on your face in a long time." John admitted slowly walking beside me on his own horse. "Seeing her happy is the cause, John. That's all Kayce and I want for her, for Tate and for this new child...is to be happy." He smiled with a simple head nod at me.

Hours later we're back at the barn once I dismount my horse I hear Bree whispering something watching Carter exit the barn. "What is it sweetheart?" She whips her head up and I bite my tongue seeing her cheeks turn a light red. "Mama, I like someone." Tilting my head to the side curiosity in my tone. "Who's that?" She pulled her jacket closed more shifting from foot to foot. "Ca - Carter." Footsteps approach for me to see Kayce stroll in hands in his brown jacket pockets he smile at our daughter, wanting a minute alone with me. "Baby, I gotta talk with mom for a minute. Grandpa John said there's cookies inside." She ran off still a red in her cheeks which he notices. "Is she blushing?" I nod my head strolling to lean my back against the front of the barn, a brown hat on my head. "She's growing up Kayce."

"Growing up how exactly. Like the month pains or-" I snort at his nerves thinking she's starting her period. "No silly boy. She has her first crush." He comes to stand beside me, wanting to know more. "Who is it?" Tilting my head up to my husband I smiled lightly. "It's Carter." Kayce knits hus eyebrows together worrying playing in his eyes. "I am so not ready to have the daddy daughter talk." Laying my head on his chest I question playfully. "What talk is that, Kayc?" He tips his hat up a little a serious look on his face. "The one where I threaten to kick him off the ranch if he ever hurts her." I nudge him in the side walking towards the house chuckling to which he followed. "Honey you got nothing to worry about. There are plenty of people who'd get rid of him if he ever broke her heart. Plus this house is full of shotguns, those make pretty good threats too."

A month has passed after Beth was told to live somewhere else after getting Summer a life in prison sentence. Carter got to play cards with the boys in the Bunkhouse. The wind blows my hair as I stand in front of the fire out in the middle of the woods, tonight is the night. The cowboys and Teeter all gathered around me. Tate, Bree and Carter are off to bed. Rip taps the hot iron Y after the metal is turned red from being held over the fire. "Y/n, you sure you're ready?" He asked staring into my eyes I removed my shirt stepping up until I heard someone calling out to me. "Y/n." Flipping my hair over my shoulder I gasped grinning to see my husband and father in law actually here for this. "Kayce..."

John grabbed Kayce by the collar of his shirt holding the hot iron close to his chest. "Y/n look away. You don't wanna see this!" My boyfriend looked at me horrified before screaming out in pain. Covering my ears with my hands I clutched my eyes closed trying to block it out.

I can't believe he's actually here. He hated that his dad forced him to get the brand so I really doubted he'd come. "You came. You actually came Kayce." I fling my arms around his neck and he hugs me back my pregnant belly making it almost difficult to get his arms around my waist anymore. "Of course I'd come. I promised you the day we married under the stars. Through thick and thin, forever." John removed his black cowboy hat resting his other hand on my shoulder. "Y/n, I've known where you're loyalty lies. You've already been wearing the brand, in your heart." Rip steps about to hand over the fire poker to John but he holds a hand up. "You're the boss here, Rip." He nods as I intertwined my right hand with Kayce's releasing a ear shattering cry as the metal burns the Y into my skin.

Once I put the burn cream on I lay my head in Kayce's neck resting. "You did it, Y/n. You're officially a Dutton for life, forever." He mumbled into my hair kissing my forehead. My hands run through his curly locks smiling until I feel a large amount shoot through my stomach and liquid between my legs. "Y/n ah, what is it!" Kayce winced as my hands clutch his curly locks. Looking to my stomach then back into his brown eyes I switch to grip his shirt, moaning as another severe amount of discomfort comes along. "The baby Kayce - it's - it's coming!" John and Rip glanced to each other eyes bugged out, saying in unison. "Get the helicopter."

Y/n finally wears the brand

The baby is finally coming

Comment your thoughts :)