Positive Suprise

Pulling on a orange hunter jacket over a green tea shirt and torn blue jeans with black fabric over the holes. Looking in the bedroom mirror I take in a deep breath placing my gold pin cowgirl hat, tying my brown boots. Just another day on the ranch, that's all that matters. With Bree's birthday over with I knew what subject would come to the surface once more. Kayce and me...the choice he and I must make.

John, Kayce and I were waiting on what happens with Jamie at the prison hearing dealing with the man who sent an attack on our family. John spoke the truest words the other day. "We're gonna kill every godamn one of them." My right hand resting on my handgun attached to my hip, I'm thankful Kayce taught me. Taught me how to get revenge on the people who tried to hurt me and my daughter.

Lloyd taught Carter how to saddle and Rip is still annoyed with him about fighting with Walker. Kayce and I drive out to see a protest in the streets. "Keep them on the ground. Don't shoot anybody." He spoke slamming someone to the ground. I hold a girl on the ground arms behind her back until the other deputies drove up. John and Ryan meet up with us to see the situation. There's a blonde women leading the charge, her name is Summer. "What do we do Kayce?" I asked to which John replied arresting the blonde. "Arrest her."

John eyes me as I fiddled with my hat staring at his son. "I'm not gonna tell ya how to live your life darlin'. But forgive him before he does something stupid." I cut him off eyeing Ryan a few feet away from me, who smiled at me lovingly. "I've already done something stupid sir. I slept with Ryan and liked it." John runs a hand down his face sighing heavily. "Damn it Y/n. Let's just get this mess cleaned up. But mark my word you and I are talking later." He aims his index finger at me warningly walking away. Oh boy, what have I done.

Beth is taking a higher job with the ranch's enemy. John and I bail out the Summer girl. "I'd like to show my ranch." He spoke out even though she's against the killing of cattle. She gets in the trucks backseat with me upfront with John, both mine and Kayce's wedding rings in my coat pocket secretly. Ryan and I have been sharing the same bunk for weeks now so Bree can have the one above LIoyd to herself. I hate that I don't mind being with Ryan. But my heart still wants Kayce more than him. I know that Kayce has to make up his mind because Monica was texting his phone yesterday about buying a house away from the ranch.

"John I'll choose him when he chooses me." I mumble looking out the window he glances from the road one hand on the steering wheel. "I can't stand all this nonsense between you two. The love between you and him is strong, which is why it hurts so much." He drives under the Yellowstone sign to see Kayce's truck in the driveway. "What the hell is he doing here." I asked as Summer and John got out of the truck after me. Kayce shoves his hands in his coat pocket the wind blowing through his hair now wearing his black hat again. "I thought you'd be checking out your new place." I snipped at him shoving my hands in my pockets too. "Monica"s place you mean. I'm coming back for real this time." That's probably a load of crap.

Stomping up onto the porch I slumped down in the swing making it squeak. His footsteps followed me as expected. "So you'll talk to me during a protest but not here?" I scoff removing my hat sitting it on the swing, getting to my feet. "That was our job. This is my home, there's a difference." He runs his hands down his face in frustration. "I don't know how to do this anymore Y/n. Before the attack we we're about to get married and now I - I don't know what we are..." I part my lips about to fire back but he steps up breaking the space between us. "Look I know I fucked up and I'm sorry. But I know one thing I didn't do wrong, loving you. I know you're with Ryan and he makes you happy. He's the right man for you, he's not torn between other women, he's been more of a father to Bree than I have for eleven years. But I vow here and now..." He drops on one knee removing his hat staring up into my eyes. "I love you and I'll never stop."

Staring at the cowboy at my feet I sigh closing my eyes trying to calm my desire to jump into his arms. "Kayce I - I never stopped loving you. It's just you - you hurt my heart. Ryan, he's the one to heal it right now." He gets to his feet taking my hands in his gently squeezing them. "I understand baby I do. Remember I'm here whenever you're ready, but I understand if we never get back together." He picks up my hat placing it on my head for me heading to Lee's cabin since John moved back into the main house. "Goodnight Y/n." I mumble reaching for the rings in my pocket heading for the Bunkhouse. "Night Kayc."

Stumbling out of the covers from Ryan's bunk in the middle of the night  I rush to the bathroom puking into the toilet. Everyone else is asleep except for whoever comes in through the door. "Y/n, here let me help." Ryan's concerned voiced pulling my hair back while I keep puking until whatever is out of my stomach. Throwing my head back into his bare chest I trace the Yellowstone brand on his chest remembering seeing Kayce get his. Why the hell am I throwing up. I hadn't missed my period except for two weeks ago. Tears start falling down my face at the realization making him lift my chin up. "Baby why are you crying?" This can't be happening again.

"Can you get me one of the pregnancy tests Beth gave me from the cabinet?" He grabs one handing it to me going to wait outside. Beth had given me some after I told her I slept with Ryan. She of course then told me she was planning to find someone for her dad. After doing the test I hug my knees to my chest feeling my body shaking at the thought.  Bree can't have a sibling. Kacye just said he'd wait for me to heal. Ryan's a cowboy for John he doesn't have time for a baby. Ryan slowly steps into the room bending down on a knee eyeing the test on the counter. "Have you checked it?" Shaking my head no I pick it up before he gets the chance to see. Turning it over in my hands I clutch my eyes closed seeing two pink lines. Ryan brushes hair from my face waiting for some reply. "Y/n, what does it say?" Opening my eyes I sobbed into his chest flinging my arms around his neck completely terrified of my fate. "It's yours, Ryan."

How is Summer gonna react to John's ranch?

Kayce said he'll wait for Y/n as long as she needs.

Y/n's pregnant again, oh snap!

Comment you're thoughts and vote :)