Young Country Love

coffer_bish

It's been exactly 7 months since the attack on my family. 4 months since Beth and Rip's wedding and 5 months since mine and Kayce's. Pulling one of Kayce's sweatshirts over my head I grab my brown hat slipping on blue jeans and a pair of brown boots. Jimmy's supposed to be visiting the ranch today to spend some time with me. I've always considered him like a brother to me since I was born an only child. Coming down the stairs I see Kayce feeding the twins in the kitchen. "Morning baby. I'll take that." He kisses my cheek stealing my hat and putting it on instead. I shake my head with a grin wrapping my arms around his neck kissing him slowly, my freehand snatched it back for me to feel him chuckle against my lips. "Never change Y/n Dutton." Breaking the kiss I head outside to the porch chuckling back to him. "Don't you plan on it either Kayce John." Exiting the front door but halt in my steps seeing Jimmy and his ex Mia standing on the ground staring at me. "Jimmy - Mia, what's going on here?" She'd left the ranch after brawling with his fiancée in the Bunkhouse months ago.

"What is going on here is I want him to dump her and get back together with me!" Mia suddenly just started shouting arms thrown up in the air. I slowly walk down the stairs to be on the ground with the ex couple. "Mia, he's engaged to someone else..." She cuts me off aiming a finger at me. "It worked with you and the farmers son, Kayce. You used to be together then he left and you got back together. Why can't they be between us baby." She bats her eyelashes at Jimmy who eyes me messing with his hat. "Y/n right. I already found the one I love." Mia huffed bringing her right hand back behind her head as a fist swinging for my face. "Maybe Y/n would love my fist in her face!" I duck underneath her fist and grab her other fist that tries to punch me in the gut. My husband's a ex navy seal. He taught me how to fight. I form a fist when she elbows me in the rib making me groan so I punch her in the chest. Mia tackled me into the dirt hitting me as Jimmy tried pulling us apart but I rolled her on her chest shoving her face in the dirt. "He's over you. I suggest you leave this ranch before I make you Mia!"

Getting to my feet she yanks my hair kicking me harshly so I fall to the ground as the front door opens for Kayce to storm out onto the porch. "What the hell!" Mia grabs my shoulders spinning us around still holding my hair until I grab her forearm throwing her over my shoulder. "Jimmy help me separate them!" Jimmy grabs me by the waist and Kayce gets a hold of Mia after I punched her right under her nose making her get a nose bleed. "Let me go you little bitch!" Mia cursed struggling against my husband's strength. Wiping away blood from my mouth I see Rip's horse galloping up towards her that he angrily dismounted seeing what's happening before him. "Kayce release her. I'll handle it." He does for Rip to grab Mia by the shirt dragging her to her truck. Opening the driver door throwing her inside, threatening her sternly. "Listen to me very closely Mia. You leave now or you'll never leave!" He slammed the car door walking over to the three of us hearing her car sped off the Dutton Ranch.

Kayce gentle lifts my face examining a bruise near my left eye and I can definitely feel bruising in some of my ribs. Jimmy removes his hat looking sad. "Y/n, I'm sorry for you getting hurt." Turning my head from my husband I pull out of his embrace hugging my friend wincing a little and he slowly hugs back. "It's okay Jimmy. Mia needed someone to kick her ass." He simply nods offering dinner later. "I owe you and your family dinner later tonight." Kayce rests a hand on my lower back helping me up the stairs to check my injuries. "Yes you sure do. We'll be back in a few minutes." He leads me to our bedroom having me sit on the bathroom toilet. He digs around for the medical kit getting a cloth to clean the blood. "Seems familiar huh, just reversed roles right Kayce?" I winced a little as he lifts my shirt up eyeing my chest. "How bad is it?" He gently pulled my shirt back down brushing hair from my eyes. "It just seems to be some light bruising but we should take you to the hospital if it doesn't get better in a couple days. Make sure nothings broken. Go shower I'll be down in the barn."

He started to leave until I call out to him he looked over his shoulder at me. "Why don't you join me, Kayc?" His brown eyes watching me pull my shirt over my head stepping up to him. He sucks in a breath in his throat, a look of desire in those eyes. Wrapping my arms around his neck I lean up pressing my lips to his slowly and he kisses back. He deepens it tugging me against his hooking his fingers in the belt loop of my jeans until he mumbled against my lips. "Don't worry about the kids. Dad's watching the twins and Bree is hanging with Carter in the barn." He broke the kiss to remove his shirt then crashing his lips against mine. He picks me up never breaking the kiss while closing the door with his foot. I broke the kiss watching his eye staring at the bruising worried about hurting me, along with me still being weak from birthing the twins. "Kayce, you won't hurt me. You have never physically hurt me." I voiced getting him to look me in the eye. He simply nods turning on the water and helping me inside after ditching our clothes. He pressed my back against the wall moaning when I crash my lips onto his jumping up into his arms and you can figure out the rest....

Bree's Pov
"Have you ever thought of what you want to be when you grow up?" I question to my friend or should I say crush Carter as I brush my horses coat watching him clean the stalls of my family's barn. I'm not really sure what drew me to develop a crush on the curly haired boy. Maybe it was because he's like my Uncle Rip, like bad boy vibe to him. I know my dad isn't really comfortable with me liking boys just yet. He's obviously gonna be overprotective like my Uncle Rip. "I figured out what I want to be actually, Bree." Laying my head in the palms of my hands curiosity written on my face. "What is it, Cart?" He stops his work looking at me then out to where my grandpa John riding out on his horse towards the green fields. "I want to be him." He points out to him as I climbed over the stall door hearing Holly make a nose back at me. "My grandfather, that's so cool."

Carter weakly smiled putting his broom up against the wall putting his hands in his jacket pockets looking at me. Picking up my cowgirl hat from the wall hook I put it on my head hearing him ask me. "What about you?" I bit my lip not sure what to tell him. I don't think I'll ever leave this place, it's my home. My mother and father aren't ever planning on leaving the ranch neither are my aunt Beth and uncle Rip. "I don't know really. Tell me if this sounds cheesy or lame but a cowgirl." Carter comes to lean his back against the wall beside me. Glancing his direction tipping my hat up since he's a little taller than I am. "It doesn't sound lame at all. We could keep this place going  the two of us."

I feel my cheeks turn a light red seeing we're closer than I first expected. Uncle Rip has been teaching him ranch stuff and I've been learning from my parents. His eyes catch something hanging from my pocket. "What's in your pocket, B?" Pulling it from my pocket I show him two matching bracelets of rope with a gold clip on them. "A bracelet. I don't have anyone else to talk to except my siblings and you. So, I thought I'd make something for you..." Glancing to my boots my check turned red more catching onto him calling me B as a nickname. He touched my hand putting the bracelet on his right hand, lightly blushing at the small item. "Thank you, Bree." Whipping my head up I smiled seeing his eyes are locked on mine. Our faces closer than they were a few seconds ago.

"Bree, have you ever had feelings for anyone?" He asked slowly watching me shake my head yes so he asked another question taking a step closer to me. "Who was it?" Staring at my hands instead of his eyes I mumbled out. "You...would you care if I kissed you?" I closed my eyes thinking he'll curse and say I'm stupid but I felt his hands intertwining with mine. Squinting my eyes open I lean forward pressing my lips to his slowly and at first he doesn't kiss back. I started to pull back until I felt him actually kiss back. He squeezes my hands breaking the gap between our bodies his hands on my sides. My hands wrapped around his neck deepening our first kiss until my father's voice entered the room.

"Oh I didn't approve of this." Carter and I separated blushing mad seeing both my mother and father standing in the doorway of the barn. My mother smiled brighter seeing bracelets on our arms. "Kayce, she'll be fine. It was just a kiss." Dad looked at her raising a brow at her that says more than what he voiced. My mother nudged him a little with her elbow. "We'll I think it's cute. You and Carter sweetheart right Kayce..." Dad sighs fumbling with his black cowboy hat shrugging his shoulders, showing a slight smile. "It's cute. Just don't get her pregnant early and we'll be fine kid." Carter nodded with a grin watching me race to my father's arms smiling. "Thanks daddy." He ruffled my hair hugging me back. "You're welcome little B. I just wish you weren't growing up so fast because I'm sure not ready for it yet." Mom lays her head against his arm taking his hand in hers. "Name one parent who's ever been ready, Kayce."

Comments really appreciated :)