Newest Dutton Baby

I gasped seeing water coming from between her legs since she was wearing just a dress and some socks after her shorts were tighter. "Oh my god. I think the babies coming."

Kayce and I frantically turned our head towards one another sharing the same terrified look that we weren't expecting this yet. Her due date wasn't supposed to be until the rest of the family got back in town. "Call the helicopter!"

Kayce carried his first born daughter in his arms while we had someone else flying the helicopter for us. Carter had grabbed the baby bag. With the rest of our kids piling into the truck. "I'll follow behind ya'll. You stay with our baby girl." Kayce told me when I climbed into the helicopter shutting the door behind me.

"Mommy, I'm scared." Bree winced reaching for my hand when we rose off the ground flying as fast as we possibly could.

Grasping her hand in mine I sniffled through tears, remembering what it was like when I had her around my early 20's. I still felt like I was a kid back then but nowhere near as young as she is. "I'm here, B. I'm always here. It's you and me against the world."

She sucked in a breath closing her eyes. And she remained that way for the rest of the flight. Finally we landed on the hospital building. Some medics rushed outside, rolling her into an elevator. I never let go of her hand even when her doctor came into the room. "Ms. Dutton, you are almost ready to push. But we will check up on you in a few hours."

"Thanks doc." I told her simply before she left the room leaving us alone.

Bree croaked through tears when she had some more contractions in her lower back. "Mommy, what if I can't do this?"

"Don't worry, baby girl." Brushing hair out of her face I blinked through tears. "You are the strongest person I know. Heck when you were five years old you fell off my horse for the first time. But you wanted to get back on the second it happened."

The door opened where I saw Carter and the others coming in. Kayce shut the door gently behind him. "How's she doing? I called my dad and told him what's going on. Unfortunately he can't be home until the end of this month. So it will be a few weeks before he sees the new grandkid."

"The doctor said she's almost ready to deliver. But it would a few hours before she's fully given the green light." I shrugged my shoulders at my husband.

Carter went to her other bedside taking her other hand that I wasn't holding. "Bree, I'm here. Uh...whatever you need from me."

"Thanks Carter." My daughter mumbles squeezing his hand.

Tate was helping Dallas and Elsa playing some games on the iPad we had got recently. Kayce walks over to me removing his hat where I got to my feet since he clearly needed to say something privately. "Little B, we'll be back in a few minutes."

Bree just nodded where we stepped out into the hallway shuttling the door behind us as we went. Wrapping my arms around myself I sighed heavily. "So what's going on, Kayc?"

"I just needed a minute. Cause when I look at her right now I...it makes me think back to when I left you and how scared you probably were." He ran a hand down his face.

Holding my hands I shake my head not being able to handle him crying right now. "Kayce, please don't cry right now. Okay we've gone past this. Was it hard, yes. But you are here now. And I know you're scared for our girl. But you aren't alone. We're in this together."

"I just....feel like such an ass. For abandoning you for years because I chose Monica first over you. When it's always been you who holds my heart and no one else will ever be that for me." He sniffs through tears until I tug him against my chest. He buried his face into my neck where I ran my fingers through his hair.

"Kayce, I've forgiven you. Now we have to be there for Bree." Breaking the hug we went back into the hospital room and just waited for about two more hours before the doctor came back in and said we had the green light.

Bree had asked that me and Kayce be in the room while she delivered even though we knew she loved Carter. So he stayed outside with Tate and the twins. "Alright Ms. Dutton. I need you to start pushing for me." The doctor instructed her while she clasped our hands in hers.

She bared her teeth down while she began pushing as hard as she could until she threw her head back needing to rest. "I can't do this, daddy..." She began panicking with her chest heaving up and down.

"Hey, hey, Little B. You are as strong as your mama. If she could get through this, so can you." Kayce kisses her forehead holding back tears hating to see his daughter in pain and he could really do anything about this.

She gulped, gripping our hands tighter than she already had. She screamed while she was pushing with everything she had left in her. After a few more long pushes she threw her head back in relief hearing a baby's cry filling the room. "Ohhh..." Leaning forward I kissed her forehead, smiling through tears.

The doctor handed the crying infant over to a nurse. She wrapped the baby in a soft blanket before he delivered the news. "Congratulations Ms. Dutton, you have a beautiful baby boy."

"Have you all picked out a name yet?" The nurse asked Carter and her.

Carter chuckled nervously. "Uh no we haven't."

The nurse nodded gently, handing their baby boy over to them. "He's perfect." Bree began crying while she held her baby closer to her chest crying through happy tears.

Covering my mouth with my freehand Kayce moved around the bed. He wrapped his arms around me crying through tears. "Looks like we're grandparents now huh Kayce. I...I can't believe it. We've got a grandson."

"Our little girl is just as strong as you are, darling." He kisses my forehead watching the doctor and nurses leave the hospital room giving us time alone together.

Carter shifts his gaze down to the infant in his girl's arms. "He's so tiny..."

"Can we meet the new baby now?" Dallas burst into the room.

Tate came in with Elsa dragging him behind her. "Are you going to name it after grandpa or daddy?"

"Kiddos enough with the questions. Alright your sister has been through a lot tonight. Let's let her get some rest now." Kayce looks down at the rest of our kids who were being impatient.

Tate dropped his smile. "Awe come on, dad."

"Tate, don't push it." I warned him with a glare.

Bree cleared her throat causing all of us to turn our attention to the teenage couple. "Mommy, I think I might actually have a name for this little guy. Because I have been reading some letters from 1923. And I found a name I rather liked."

"Honey , you don't have to rush into this. It took me a while before I found the perfect name for you." I reassured her by squeezing Kayce's hand in mine.

Bree shook her head glancing over at Carter. "It's okay, mom. The name I want is Spencer. Spencer Kayce Dutton."

"Are you two going to get married at some point?" Kayce asked his daughter, blinking through tears while a grin was plastered on his face at hearing his name being the boy's middle name.

Carter rubbed the back of his neck avoiding his gaze before Bree sent him a grin. "Uh no sir. But I ain't going anywhere, Mr. Dutton." I laid my head on Kayce's shoulder where he tugged me closer to his embrace, happy that we were all okay.

Comments really appreciated ❤️

Author - hey readers, so let me know what else you'd like to see in this story and I hoped your enjoyed this chapter