Part One

Warning: swearing 

**********

You were sitting at the breakfast table along with your two roommates when suddenly there was a knock at the front door, "I'll get it" Stacey, one of your roommates gets up to answer it.

You could hear Stacey chatting with the person as they both made their way towards the kitchen, looking up from your cup, you smile when seeing it was Michonne.

"Good morning ladies" Michonne greets you guys, "Y/N, could I see you outside for a minute."

"Sure, just give me a sec" you say, getting up to clean your dirty dishes.

"So, what can I do for you?" you ask her once you guys reach the porch.

"I need a big favour of you. You remember when you arrived here and you were informed what happen with Negan and The Saviors." Michonne comments.

"Yeah, you guys were at war with them and won, and their leader lives in the basement jail cell of that vacant house." You respond.

"That's correct- He is also the reason why I'm here to ask that favour." Michonne remarks.

"What do I have to do with anything involving Negan? I've never even met the man in all the years I've been here." You respond, a bit puzzled at where Michonne was going with this conversation.

"Not a lot of people know about this and we're trying to keep it on the lowdown, but Negan escaped yesterday." Michonne tells you.

"How the heck did that happen." You looked at her in shock. "Gabriel forgot to lock the cell door when he left-" Michonne sighs out in response.

"Must have been after he got the news about Rosita I take it." You remark. "So, do you guys need help in tracking Negan down. Is that why you're here?" you ask her.

"No, oddly enough, he came back..." Michonne informs you. "Huh? He came back?" you look at her bit confused at what you heard.

"Yeah, that was my exact reaction too-" Michonne responds with a chuckle and continues on, "must have realized there was nothing left for him out there. Besides the man likes having an audience as much as he loves the sound of his own voice annoying the shit out people."

"So, if you don't need my help in getting him back, then what exactly do you need help with?" you ask Michonne.

"We need a more permanent caretaker for Negan, one with a clear mind and that can handle his bullshit. You know that we were still trying to figure out a new job for you with your condition, and this seems like the best option." Michonne tells you.

"Babysitting an annoying asshole- hmm... sounds like fun!" you smirkingly respond. "But hold up. What about my 2hour training session with the kids?" you ask her.

"You'll still be doing that, don't worry. You don't have to watch Negan 24/7, you'll be in charge of seeing to his meals and keeping him sane." Michonne responds.

"Keeping him sane?" you arch a brow at her in question. "Negan tends to lose it if he doesn't have human interaction. Gabriel had Negan doing meditation and gave him counselling, but he needs a break from 'Negan duty' I believe." Michonne tells you.

"Fine by me. Are there any rules that needs to be followed?" you enquire. "Not much, just make sure he doesn't escape again and that he is handcuffed to the bars before entering the cell." Michonne comment.

"Cool. So, when do you want me to start?" you ask. "As soon as you're settled into the house-" Michonne remarks.

"House?" you look at her confused. "Yeah, I forgot to mention... We thought it would be much easier if you moved into the jail house. It's vacant as no one wants to live in the house that serves as Negan's prison, so you'll have it all to yourself." Michonne replies.

"A house all to myself... hell yeah!" you cheerfully comment.

*****

It was late afternoon and you were busy putting away things in the kitchen of your new home, when there was a knock at the front door.

You open the door to find a smiling Michonne standing in front of you. "So, how are you settling in?" she asks as you guys make your way to the kitchen.

"Just finished with the unpacking, and gotta say, it feels so awesome having this place to myself!" you excitingly tell Michonne. "Don't get me wrong... I love Stacey and Emma, I really do. But Emma is constantly hogging the bathroom and Stacey is a bit of a pig when it comes to cleaning up after herself" you comment, Michonne shaking her head and chuckling at your remark.

"Glad you're happy with the arrangement then" Michonne tells you "all that left is for me to give you these then. You are officially in charge of seeing to Negan-" she states handing you the keys to Negan's cell as well as a set of handcuffs.

"Then I guess I better get started on dinner-" you remark with a smile.

*****

"Gabey, that you bringing my dinner?" Negan calls out from his position on the bed when he hears the basement door open, his head cast downwards while he continues to read the book in his hands.

Negan continues on with a snicker, "What? I'm getting the silent treatment now for being a 'bad boy'?" Negan finds himself suddenly dumbstruck for a second when he finally looks up and sees you standing in front of him.

Quickly recovering, Negan greets you with his infamous grin, "Well, hello there... I'm Negan and whom might you be pretty lady-"

"I know who you are. The name's Y/N and I'm the new person in charge of seeing to you" you politely inform him.

"Y/N. That's a beautiful name for a beautiful lady..." Negan charmingly responds. "I bet you've said that to all the women you've met" you chuckle, placing the tray you were carrying on the small table in the corner of the room.

"Now, I'm sure you already know the rules and I don't need to remind you of them" you state taking the cuffs out of the back pocket of your jeans and jiggling them in the air.

"Yes Ma'am-" Negan answers with a smirk, stepping up to the side of the cell door, turning around and sticks his arms out behind him through the bars for you to cuff.

You unlock the cell, carrying the tray inside and place it on the cot. Once done, you exit the cell, locking it back up and then go to uncuff Negan.

"Thank you very much for the delivery 'Warden'" Negan sarcastically remarks. "No problem. I'll be back in 30mins to collect the dishes" you respond and turn to leave.

Just as you reach out to open the door, you're stopped in your tracks, "Holy- shit!" you hear Negan curse out.

Turning back around to look at Negan, "is there a problem?" you ask concerningly. "Is this pasta and meat?" Negan stares at the plate in front of him.

"Err- yeah. What were you expecting?" you remark confused at his reaction. "The same lousy sandwich as usual..." Negan states. "No- fucking- way! Is this what I think it is?" he askes picking up the glass of orange juice and takes a sip of it.

"Well, I'll leave you to enjoy your dinner then..." you awkwardly state and make your way out of the basement.