Part Thirteen

Warning: mention of murder

*******

While you were wretched with worry over the whereabouts of Negan and Lydia, it seems that the jailcell had acquired a new guest; Dante had been placed in it until a thorough investigation and hearing could be done.

Coming down the steps of the house, you heard conversation coming from the cell window from what sounded to be between Gabriel and Dante.

Listening for a bit, you got concerned when heard the sound of the cell door being opened. Knowing that Dante was dangerous and Gabriel wasn't that strong should Dante try to overpower him; you decide to head down there in case Gabriel needed help.

"Guess we all have that killer instinct in us, don't we, Father?" you remark staring at the scene before you when entering the basement.

"What?" an almost wild looking Gabriel stares up from Dante's bloodied body.

You lean against the wall, stoically staring at Gabriel. "It's just... a few days ago you were all ready to execute Negan for having defended Lydia... and yet here you are..." you point at Dante, "killing an unarmed man." You raise a hand up to stop Gabriel before he could respond, "not that he didn't deserve it, because he did and more."

"You're right. I did let my anger get the better of me" Gabriel drops his head in shame, "and Negan was only trying to help Lydia."

Nodding your head at him, you then propose a deal, "if Negan comes back, will you make sure that his name is cleared? And in return; I'll vouch for you, that Dante had attacked first and you had to kill him in self-defence."

Thinking it over for a few seconds, Gabriel then nods his head in agreement.

Satisfied that at least you had somewhat secured Negan's safety in Alexandria, you leave Gabriel to tend to getting rid of Dante's body.

*****

While Y/N was trying her best to secure a safe place for Negan back in the community, he was out in Whisperers territory; attempting to get close to Alpha.

Negan slowly walks deeper into the woods, pausing briefly to look behind him. "Keep walking" Alpha commands him.

"This feels like some sort of fraternity initiation..." Negan tries to make small talk in a bid to not show any fear. "Is that what this is? Huh? Am I gonna get my skinsuit... finally get to learn the secret Whisperer handshake?" Negan attempts to sneak another peek behind him.

"Eyes, front..." Alpha warns him.

Not having much choice, Negan turns back and continues walking. "Alright..." Negan lets out a tense breath, "you don't wanna talk. I'm down with that... just... won't... talk."

Realizing that he truly fucked up in his overconfidence with handling Alpha, Negan really begins to panic internally. "You know I-" Negan suddenly seems to struggle with his words, "I'm big enough to admit it" he then continues on, "alright... I am not good with long uncomfortable silences."

"Stop here" Alpha suddenly commands him.

Squeezing his eyes tightly shut, Negan exhales deeply and turns slightly to look at her.

"I said... eyes, front..." Alpha warns him.

Letting out a heavy sigh, Negan turns back to face forward. "Shit..."

"Take off your clothes" Alpha orders him.

This was it. Negan thought to himself. This skin freak bitch is going to kill me right here, right now and I won't even get to see Y/N one last time. He then proceeded to strip.