Part Nine

Warning: swearing

********

Time soon flies by quickly and during that time the relationship between Negan and you grew stronger. Negan and you manged to fit in quite a lot of intimate time together as well. If he wasn't helping you out with any projects inside the privacy of your home, then you would sneak yourself into his cell during the night.

"You really are fucking daring, ya know that..." Negan stares down at you and mumbles, pressing a kiss into the top of your head while the two were lying on the pile of blankets that had been thrown on the floor earlier.

"I haven't heard you complaining about it till now..." you left your head from his chest and glare at him.

"Complain about spending time with my lady? Fuck, no." Negan scoffs at the suggestion. "I'm just worried that they might catch on to what's going on. I don't know what I'd do if they took you away from me."

Placing a soft kiss against Negan's lips, you then brush your fingers through his hair. "Don't worry... they're too busy running around getting things together for the festival. They won't take me away from you, I promise. Besides, who would want to babysit your annoying ass anyway."

Negan chuckles against your lips at the last remark and you giggle along with him.

"As much as I enjoy being with you like this, we better get up so that you can get going" Negan states.

"I don't wanna go yet-" you complain in a whining manner.

"I know baby, I don't want you to go either..." Negan hugs you tightly against his body. "But if you stay any longer, we'll both fall asleep and they'll definitely catch our asses, butt-naked and all."

"Fine" you pout in response and get up to dress.

Just as you're about to exit the cell, Negan pulls you back towards him. He stares down at you with smothering eyes, "Goodnight, Warden..." and tips down to place a long kiss against your lips.

Letting out a soft moan, "Goodnight, Negan" you mumble against his lips.

*****

The day of the community festival at The Kingdom had arrived and everyone was excited to attend. You were excited too, but that was because it meant that you got to spend more uninterrupted time with Negan.

Everyone seemed to be having a great time that day, you got to spend the entire day in Negan's arms and the others were happily enjoying themselves at the festival.

But unbeknownst to those at the festival everything was as not as carefree and jolly as it seems.

While they were carelessly enjoying themselves, the enemy was right there amongst them; in the process of executing a most sinister plan.

*****

"Hey there beautiful..." Negan greets you once you enter the basement, you silently nod at him in greeting while staring at the ground.

"Hey, you ok?" Negan cups your face to make you look at him. "I'm ok..." you softly respond.

"Ok. I thought we were spending the day down here today" Negan looks at you confused when you take his hand to lead him out the door.

"Change of plans. We're going to be upstairs" you answer him. "Hey." Negan tugs at your hand to holt your steps, "you ok?"

Shaking your head at him, you then drag him out the door with you.

"Ok, seriously. What the fuck is wrong? Because you're never like this, and another thing... Why is it so fucking quiet outside? Usually everyone would be up and about by now" Negan grills you once inside the house.

Going into the kitchen you take a seat at the counter, "something terrible happened during the festival. Everyone's in mourning."

Negan stares at you confused, "Mourning? Who died?"

"Tara, Enid, Carol's boy Henry and a handful more" you answer.

Negan takes a seat next to you, "Shit. Was it some kinda accident or something?

"If only... they were all brutally murdered. Beheaded and their heads placed on pikes" you remark in response.

Negan physically cringes at your remark, "Fuck. By whom?"

"There's this new group living out in the wilderness, the Whisperers. They wear skin masks made from the faces of Walkers in order to blend in with them. They're the ones responsible for what happened to Rosita and Eugene as well as for killing Jesus" you explain.

"Shit, that's kinda smart in a fucked up way" Negan responds. "Why haven't you told me about them yet?"

"There was some trouble in the beginning with them when Daryl them captured their leader's daughter but we thought things had blown over after" you shrug in answer.

"Still, that's something you should have told about" Negan frowns at you.

"I didn't think it was important, besides we were so busy, it slipped my mind" you tell him.

"So, what's going to happen now?" Negan enquires.

"Not sure, everyone's on alert and waiting on Michonne and the rest to return to hear what the plan forward is" you answer him.

"You know, I feel guilty that I wasn't there... Maybe if I had been then I could have done something. I would have noticed something wasn't right" you state, more to yourself than anything else.

"Don't fucking say that! Ever!" Negan suddenly snaps at you then.

"Why not? It's the truth. I was trained for situations like these" you defend your statement.

"Plain and fucking simple. If you had been there then it could have likely been your head on one of those pikes!" Negan answers.

"No, it wouldn't have! I could have done something, I know could..." you respond in rebuttal.

Negan cups your face in his palms then, "sweetheart, maybe when you were a hundred percent yeah. But you and I both know that you wouldn't have lasted long against them with your health condition now."

"I guess you're right. But it still doesn't stop me from feeling some kind of guilt that I wasn't there" you sigh out in defeat.

"I know sweetheart..." Negan pulls you into his arms, placing a kiss against your forehead. "Honestly, I'm glad you weren't there. The thought that I could have lost you... sorry... but not sorry. I'm fucking glad you weren't there."

You exhaling deeply, nuzzling your face into his neck.

"Ok. So, what's the plan for today? What are we doing?" Negan tries to cheer you up by changing the topic.

"There's no plans for today. I thought we could just spend the relaxing together" you look up at him.

"And if someone comes around and questions what's going?" Negan stares down at you in question.

"They won't. Like I said, everyone's in mourning. I'm in charge of you, so no one will come around to check up in any case" you reassure him.

"Cool. So, what you have planned for us today Warden?" Negan responds.

"Shower first, breakfast and then a nap" you trail off the list.

"Sounds fine with me. Let's get started!" Negan remarks, suddenly jumping up from his seat and before you knew he was picking you up from yours and proceeded to carrying you upstairs.