Part Thirty-one

Warning: violence, swearing

*************

"Don't move..." Negan carefully instructs the young man standing in front of him, frantically trying to mount a horse.

"How many are there?"

"Twelve..." the boy fearfully utters out.

"What are they armed with?" Negan demands then.

"Machine guns" the boy responds, slowly turning around to face him.

A woman comes running up behind Negan then.

"What's it look like?" Negan enquires from her.

"A lot dead" she responds.

"Guard in charge is arguing with two others, a priest and a guy with spiked ball for an arm."

"Shit" Negan sighs out.

"Gabriel and Aaron..."

"You know them?" the boy remarks.

"T-They didn't know either... We come from a place call, the Commonwealth. This isn't what I signed up for-"

"Shut up" Negan interrupts his ranting, going toward the horses to retrieve a map.

"There's a community right here..." Negan directs him on the map.

"You ask for Maggie... no one else. You tell her; Gabriel and Aaron are in trouble."

The boy nervously stares at the map for a second until Negan snaps him out of it.

"Go!"

*****

Negan and his companion stealthily creep down a passageway, nearing a door where they hear someone rambling nonsense. Hearing commotion from outside, the man runs out to check. A guard steps closer to the doorway, a restrained Gabriel in hand, whilst having his back facing the doorway.

Negan's companion, being closer; makes her move then, stabbing the guard directly in neck. A confused Gabriel looks behind him only to find the guard bleeding out on the floor, looking up then; his face instantly turns to shocked surprise when seeing who had taken the guard down.

"Negan...?"

"Gabe" Negan utters in greeting, reaching to cut his restrains then.

The two of them walk toward the entrance, where they witness Aaron being held at gunpoint but their possibility of saving him is interrupted by Negan's companion calling out a warning.

"Two coming in, we gotta go..."

*****

After saving Gabriel, Negan them, along with others from the complex managed to get to safety in one of the building's secured rooms.

Everything seemed safe and quite for a while, until a loud voice rang out through area.

"Residents of the complex... you have been deemed enemies of the Commonwealth... one of you have stolen from us... that cannot stand... bad news is... your warlord is dead. Good news is, we can still make things right... give us what's ours and we'll leave. That will be that..."

"Where are the weapons?" Gabriel demands.

"I don't know" Negan's companion responds.

"Then ask them... quickly" Gabriel demands.

"Gabe..." Negan interrupts him.

"If she says they don't have 'em, they don't have 'em."

"You don't understand..." Gabriel responds.