Part Thirty-four

Warning: swearing, violence

************

"Hate to say it, but we are running out of place to look" Negan remarks following behind Carol as he attempts to studying the map in his hands.

"Let me have a look at that?" Carol reaches out for the map, silently moving ahead as she studies it.

"Huh..." she remarks stopping in front of huge pot plant.

"What?" Negan comments.

"There should be a door here" Carol responds, studying the wall and map.

Moving forward, Negan moves the plant out of the way and that's when what's looked to be a concealed door is revealed. Handing Negan, the map; Carol removes a small crowbar from her bag to force it open and that's when they find what they were looking for.

"Jesus..." Carol remarks seeing a passed-out Sabastian lying amongst empty liquor bottles and other things.

"What the hell...?" Sabastian mutters out when Carol moves his pillow with her foot to wake him up. Rubbing at his eyes, he stares up at Carol and Negan then.

"How'd you guys get in here?"

Both quietly stare down at him, and he attempts to go for his gun on the floor but Negan steps on his hand.

"Easy, champ..." Negan warns him as writhes in pain.

"Do you know who I am?" Sabastian arrogantly remarks at Negan when he picks up the gun.

"Ahhh... do you know who I-am...?" Negan sarcastically remarks back.

"What do you assholes want?" Sabastian grumbles out.

"Get up" Carol orders.

"We're taking you home to your mother."

"I'm not going anywhere until this thing blows over" Sabastian utters out.

"My mother doesn't care anyway."

"Yes, she does..." Carol remarks.

"You're her kid."

"Commonwealth is her kid" Sabastian retorts.

"I'm just her problem."

"Oh my God..." Negan chuckles out.

"Hey, Jr.... when you aren't pissing in jars, and nobody wants you dead. Call me nuts, but I think maybe you should start rethinking your options."

"Now this one here..." he then points toward Carol.

"Well, she's a goddamn magician. I have seen her pull little bunnies right out her ass with my very own two eyes. So, if for whatever reason... she is throwing you a life raft. Well, then I recommend you jump in the sucker and save yourself from drowning."

Sabastian takes a moment to digest his words, looking to Carol then.

"You really think you can help?"

*****

Two Commonwealth soldiers enter the sewer where the shots had rung out from, only to find a Walker tied to the wall as it attempts escape. Slowly advance forward, neither of them aware that Aaron and you were hiding in the pathway; at least not until they were stabbed in the back of their legs.

The soldiers drop to the floor as Aaron, and you stand over them in victory but that all is interrupted when Hornsby enters with all his men.

"Ok, this ends now!" he states as they all had their weapon trained on you, yet you and Aaron refuse to back down.

"Drop your weapons!" the soldiers flank around the two of you, yet you refuse to lower your own. None of them ever the wiser that, Daryl was slowly sneaking up behind Hornsby.

"Guns on the ground!" Daryl yells out with his knife against Hornsby throat as Gabriel and Maggie come out from hiding to add to the standdown, resulting in even more soldiers to flood the room.

Shouts from the soldiers, to surrender ring out as Hornsby look upon the seen with a sadistic smirk but you all refuse to do so. It seemed to be bloodbath about happen, when suddenly a loud voice rings out in command.

"Everyone, standdown!" Mercer yells out as he enters with Pamela, Carol and Negan trailing behind him; killing as he walks pass it.

Daryl spins Hornsby around, pinning him against wall with the knife at his throat.

"You heard him" Pamela remarks to Daryl.

"Lower your weapon. This is not just about you..." she states when he still doesn't.

"I need him alive."

Daryl still refuses, even when Mercer attempts reason when him. Finaly, he gives in when Carol informs him that she had made a deal, yet not before driving his knife into Hornsby palm.

Negan smirks at the scene, while you bury your head into his chest to disguise your own.

*****

"So, the slates just wiped clean?" Aaron remarks as everyone rested outside while Carol had explained everything.

"Death... deaths on both sides" Carol comments.

"We get supplies, water, weapons... Pamela provides everything we need to finish rebuilding. Free and clear."

"Then we just go home?" Gabriel enquires.

"It's up to everyone to decide" Carol answers.

"What does Pamela get out of this?" Maggie remarks.

"Hornsby" Carol responds.

"We tell the people what he did out here, back at that house where... folks died. He takes the fall for it."

"So, this is about saving her son" Darly states.

"It's not our problem anymore" Carol replies.

"We'll talk about it with Annie and the others when they get here" you comment.

"There's a lot to think about on our end, and we can't speak for them."

"Alright now, like hell, they... they killed most of our people" Negan speaks up then.

Carol sighs at his comment, "anybody else?"

"I think the most important thing is that we're together" Maggie states while staring at a silent Daryl.

"I don't wanna go alone anymore. I don't trust them, but if you say that this deal gets us back in our homes, with our own rules; then I think it's worth the risk."

Everyone looks to Daryl then, "alright..." he remarks after a moment, reaching for the apples then.

"Here, ya need to eat" he states, handing you one.

"Thanks" you smile at him.

"Always got ya back" Daryl remarks with smirk.

"Ya trying to make a move on my wife, Dixion...?" Negan jokingly remarks.

"Oh, shut up Negan" you slap him against the chest as he chuckles.

Shaking your head at him, you lift the apple to take a bit but end up dropping it when a pain suddenly shoots through your lower belly.

"Fuck!" you cry out as you clutch your belly.

"Baby what's wrong?" a concerned Negan grabs hold of you.

"I don't... shit" you remark, looking to the ground as you feel fluid run down your legs.

"She's in labour!" Maggie jumps up to check on you.

"I'll go get help!" Daryl yells, making his way toward around the building.