Part Eleven

Warning: swearing and mention of death

*******

Winter had come and gone and with it came the fear of the Whisperers possible return. Everyone was even more on guard at this time, training had become high priority and even more so was keeping to the rule of steering clear of Whisperer territory.

After having saved Judith during the snow storm, Negan had earned Michonne's trust a bit, resulting in him being let out of his cell more while doing odd jobs around the community and eventfully he was allowed to move into the house with you.

"Good morning Beautiful-" Negan wraps his arms around you from behind while you were busy at the stove cooking breakfast.

"Morning" you flash him a faint smile as you continue on cooking.

"Hey, you ok?" Negan stares at you concerningly from across the breakfast table as you were eating.

"Yeah" you nod in responses. "Actually... No, I'm not."

"So, what's bothering you?" Negan directs all his concentration onto you.

"They're doing field training today at Oceanside" you mumble out in answer.

"Good. At least they ain't sitting on their asses where those Skin Freaks are concerned" Negan remarks in response.

"Yeah..." you sigh out heavily, eyes concentrated on the plate in front of you, "it's just... I'm a little bummed that I couldn't be there."

"I know that it's eating ya up that you can't do what you had been hotwired to do for most of your life. But you have to also remember the risks now in attempting to do it." Negan tries to reason with you.

Letting out a breath of defeat, you look up at him. "You're right. Still doesn't change how I feel though... but you're right."

*****

It was late in the afternoon, you were busy upstairs doing some sewing when the sound of the front door opening and closing was heard.

"Hey. You're home early..." you remark upon finding Negan exchanging his boots for a pair of comfortable slippers.

"I knocked off early... shits about to start kicking up in here soon and I got a feeling I need to lay low for a bit" Negan responds.

You stare at Negan in confusion, "what do you mean shits about to start?"

Negan heads for the kitchen to get himself a drink and starts rambling off.

"You know that Lydia kid, Alpha's daughter. We were chatting for a bit and I noticed Gabriel and the rest of the Council going to the church for what looked like a meeting. Well the kid then informed me that they found a Whisperers mask washed up on the beach at Oceanside. Not long after that the Council exited the church looking like someone took a shit in their morning bowl of Choco pops. To top that off... Alexandria is now on ALERT, but no one is supposed to know."

The colour drained from your face then after hearing Negan's words. "They're back?"

"Looks like it." Negan sighs heavily in response, "that's why I let Gabe know I plan on laying even lower than usual because you and I both know these people will unleash their fears and frustrations out on the ones that don't truly belong here... and that would be the kid and me. Told her to watch her back too."

You nod your head in agreement. "Good idea. I'll see if I can't talk Gabe into changing your duties for the time being, have you working with me indoors a bit instead."

"Nah. No need to. I'll just keep the old chatter box shut and my head down extra low" Negan reassures you.

Just when Negan and you thought things couldn't get any worst... all hell broke out when a space satellite came crashing down and landed in the forest, causing a massive spread of fire.