Part Twenty-nine

Warning: death, swearing, violence

**********

Negan had done the final touches on everyone's Walker masks, and after what was considered sufficient practice, the plan to take back Meridian went into commence.

Negan, accompanied by, Maggie and Elijah began their trek of leading the herd they had acquired so we far, toward Meridian.

Along their path, the group comes across a building swarming with Walkers. Carefully, they make their way inside and lead the new herd out and they join the rest to create a now massive horde as they continue toward Meridian.

It was slow trek as they lead the Walkers to the destination, Negan was off to the side of the horde; his thoughts going to you as he silently walked.

He wondered how you were doing, whether you were eating and keeping yourself and the baby safe.

Baby... God, he never thought that a second chance at life would ever be possible for him. Nonetheless, it happened. He had a beautiful, strong wife and a baby on the way. They were his reason for living now, and they were the only reason why he was out here doing this right now. He had to get those supplies back to Alexandria so that Y/N would have enough to eat to ensure she had a healthy pregnancy. Not only that, but he also had to make sure that he got back home to you alive.

Looking to his right, Negan watches as Maggie melts in with the horde.

She was the only thing that could rip that from him and you. If Maggie didn't hold up her end of the bargain, then he wasn't sure how to hold onto his family. Maggie held an invisible noose around his neck and could snap at any minute, deciding to knock the stool from under his feet and let him hang for his past misdeeds.

His wasn't afraid of death itself, what scared him; was leaving you alone and pregnant, never getting to see his child be born, not watching them grow up. And what frightened him even more; was how you would react should Maggie kill him. He knew you would go after her and feared that Maggie wouldn't give a damn that you were pregnant, with how messed up her mind was now, she would kill you without a second thought as well.

Maggie killing him would be valid, he had taken her husband away from her and their son. But her killing you, was something that could never be justified.

With those thoughts in mind, Negan made decision to keep a close on Maggie. If she showed even one sign of instability, Negan was grabbing you and getting the hell out of Alexandria.

*****

You were awoken by the sounds of babies crying and what sounded like, Walker growls.

"What happened?" you groaned out, clutching at your head.

Dianne comes to your side then.

"You blacked out after helping Rosita."

Nodding your head in understanding, you scan your surroundings in confusion.

"Why are we upstairs?"

"We had to evacuate downstairs; the Walkers were too much to keep out" Dianne explains.

You take a moment to center yourself, rubbing at your temple to relieve the pressure of a headache coming on.

"So, downstairs is flooded with 'em?"

"Yes" Dianne answers.

"Where's Rosita and Lydia?" you ask, noticing they weren't in the room.

"On the staircase, trying to keep Walkers from coming up" she replies.