Part Fifteen

Warning: swearing

**********

You were busy going through the checklist of supplies that would be needed for the planned evacuation when you heard a commotion coming from the front gate. Hearing the voices becoming louder and more aggressive, you decided to check it out.

"What the hell is he doing here, Daryl?!" you hear Aaron yell out as you neared the group of people.

"I brought him back" Daryl replies.

"How the hell could you bring him back here?!" Aaron accuses Daryl, "he's with the Whisperers!"

"No, he ain't" Daryl shakes his head.

"Like hell he isn't!" you hear Aaron yell out again, making you suddenly very curious as to who they were talking of. "I saw him with my own eyes! He had his own mask. He's part of Alpha's group!"

You suddenly found yourself being overwhelmed with excitement as you realized that there was only one person that would cause such a reaction from Aaron. "Negan!" you cry out when you see that it really was him.

"Hey sweetheart..." Negan flashes you a dimpled smile.

"Oh great!" Aaron hisses out in response, "if it isn't Negan's number one defender, aka the one that let him out."

"Fuck you, Aaron!" you glare at him, "you know it wasn't me."

"Like I'm supposed to believe that after your emotional reunion right here" Aaron rolls his eyes in reply.

"She's telling the truth" Daryl speaks up, "it wasn't her... it was Carol."

"What!?" Aaron looks at him in shock, along with everyone else, "why?"

"So that he could kill Alpha" Daryl responds, "she knew Negan would be the best bet to pull it off. And he did... Negan killed Alpha..."

"Negan, killed Alpha?" Aaron looks at him in surprise.

Daryl nods his head, "and he saved my life."

"That's great news!" you remark, smiling at Negan with pride. "We don't need to evacuate then."

"Alpha's dead, but Beta ain't" Daryl responds, "we should still evacuate. He'll be out for blood... all of ours."

"Wouldn't it have been wise to take him out too?" Aaron arches a brow at Negan.

"Have you seen that fuckin Giant?!" Negan raises his hand up in disbelief at Aaron's remark. "I took out half of the problem... a thank you would be nice."

"Ain't ever happening..." Aaron glares at him.

"What did I expect..." Negan shakes his head, "didn't even thank me when I saved your ass the last time either."

"Don't push it" Daryl warns him.

"Fine..." Negan sighs out, "whatever..."

"Are we done here now?" you look to Aaron and then point to Daryl and Negan. "If so, I believe they should at least rest up a bit before we start evacuating."

"Yeah, we are" Aaron responds, glaring at Negan one last time as he walks away then.

"C'mere... sweetheart..." Negan smirks at you, spreading his arms wide once the two of you had been left alone.

You smile back at Negan and take a step forward but suddenly, you're stopped in your tracks as your nausea kicked back in when catching a whiff of the smell coming from him. "Oh, my fuck!" you cry out, slapping a hand over your nose and mouth. "You smell horribly like shit."