Part Thirty-three

Warning: violence

************

Negan was extremely anxious as they followed behind Gabriel and Aaron in search of Maggie and Daryl. Coming to the entrance of a room in the abandoned building; his anxiety multiplied when Gabriel jerks his weapon up suddenly at the presence of someone in the room, immediately lowering it with a sigh of relief.

"Look who we found..." he remarks as you and Negan enter after Aaron.

A shocked Maggie looks behind you and Negan, "where's Hershel?"

"His with Elijah, Annie and the others. He's hidden and safe" you answer reassuringly.

"He's good, Maggie" Negan assures her.

"We're here to take out shithead and the dick-brigade."

"I understand you being here" Maggie replies, looking toward you then.

"But why are you here? It's too dangerous for a heavily pregnant woman to be in the middle of this."

"My fighting abilities may be limited but I could be the perfect distraction for an ambush" you retort confidently.

Maggie looks at you in disbelief, turning to Negan then, "you allowed her to come?"

"Not like I had a fuckin' choice" he grumbles out.

"Would have made her own way here if I didn't."

"Ya always were too stubborn for ya own good..." Daryl softly chuckles at you proudly nodding at Negan's words. Pointing out then.

"Besides, we might need her strategic brain."

"We should go back to the Commonwealth first, get our people out and then deal with Hornby together" Gabriel argues.

"No, Gabe. He probably already radioed back; you know that" Aaron points out as Daryl scans the outside from the window.

"Look, he knows us. We're never getting through those checkpoints."

"And if he has his people go after our families in the meantime?" Gabriel continues to argue. The two continue to argue for a bit until Daryl steps in.

"Wait, wait... Hold up, hold up" Daryl waves his index finger deep in thought.

"We can do all of this..." he points toward Negan then.

"They never seen your face before."

Negan silently looks at you for a response.

"Right... you saying, I just walk right on in there?"

"Yeah. That's exactly what I'm saying" Darly replies, looking to you then.

"Ya know it's good plan. Probably thinking about it too."

"It is" you nod in agreement.

"That's why I'm going too."

"No, you're not going" Negan hastily shuts you down.

"Only one of us needs to go into the belly of the beast. Hey..." he attempts to make you see reason when you shake your head in disagreement.

"I need you to be safe. Besides, I am fucked either way" smirking at you, Negan remarks then.

"Hey, ya not getting rid of me that easily..."

"Me being with would make them let us in even easier..." you argue as a last attempt.

"Any other time maybe, but with them being on high alert ain't guaranteed" Darly points out.

"It's too risky."