Part Ten

Warning: Swearing and smut

A/N: I know that Negan's hair is super short in this scene, but I totally love JDM's hair and this was not one of my favourite looks on him. So I gave him his gorgeous hair back in here.

*****

With the events that had happened at the festival, the communities were all on high alert, making sure that everyone was safe and far away from Whisperers territory.

You made it your duty to double down on your training of the youngsters, with what happened at the festival you knew that killing children was something that the Whisperers were not shy of doing. You couldn't do much physically yourself but at least you could make sure your students were prepared to properly defend themselves.

With winter nearing, Negan and you also had to double down on stocking up on the food inventory as well as anything else that would be needed.

Time soon flies by fast and before you knew it, winter had arrived. With it some relief came as signs of the Whisperers had vanished. Yet another dilemma had also arose with in the community, the Kingdom after all these years had began to decay and soon there was no other option but to abandon it.

It was decided that all the occupants of the Kingdom would be relocated to Hilltop and doing so was a major mission to take on, especially with a huge winter snow storm about to hit.

*****

Once the storm had started the solar power had ceased to work and soon the temperature had begun to drop.

Judith, R.J and you were busy in the kitchen preparing snacks when there was a knock at the door.

"I'll get it" Judith announces and goes to answer it.

"Who is it Jud?" you call out to her from the kitchen only to see Gabriel and Rosita enter. "Oh, hey guys."

"Evening Y/N. We came to get you guys, Eugene just informed us that there's no hope of getting any power back with this storm. The temperature will be dropping even more soon so, it's been decided for all to gather either at Aaron, Nora's or the church to keep warm at the fire place." Gabriel informs you.

"Ok, we'll get ready then" you respond, "we might need a few things depending on how long this storm is going to last."

"We'll take the kids so long and I'll sent someone over to help" Gabriel responds in agreement, "we should also probably get Negan out of his cell, if he stays down there he'll freeze to death."

"No need to. He's upstairs, I went and got him awhile ago" you answer and Rosita raises a brow at you.

"What?" you stare back at her, "I wasn't going to let him stay in that cell in this weather, he would die. Michonne made him my responsibility and if she came back and found out I let him freeze to death... I'd be in deep shit."

"Aunt Y/N!" Judith gasps out at you in shock, covering R.J's ears.

"Sorry kiddo-" you grimace in apology.

"You've been around Negan too long. You're beginning to sound like him" Gabriel mutters, shaking his head at you.

"Actually, I've been like this before I met Negan" you respond defending Negan.

"So, you have that man in the house while Michonne's kids are here?" Rosita grills you.

Releasing a breath of frustration, you respond, "he's properly restrained in my bedroom and the door is locked from the outside."

Rosita raises yet again a brow at you. "What? It made more sense to keep him closer to where I can keep a better eye on him" you shrug in reply.

"Ok, we get it." Gabriel ends the conversation, "go and get him. We'll take him with us and then I'll send someone to assist you."