Part Twenty-one

Warning: swearing 

***********

You were awoken from your nap by the soft touch of fingertips dancing across your cheek. "Hey..." Negan softly whispered. "Sorry for waking you, but I really gotta ask you something very important."

"Ok..." you stretch out with a soft yawn, sitting up straight in the bed.

"Now, I don't want you thinking I'm doing this because you're pregnant" Negan begins, "it's been on my mind for some time now."

"Ok..." you stare at Negan a bit confused as to where the conversation was going.

"Marry me?" Negan holds out a hand, and in the palm of it was two plain wedding bands.

You stared open mouthed at them, surprised at it all.

"Earth to Y/N..." Negan waves a hand in front of your face.

"Oh! Sorry..." you shake yourself back to reality.

"Thought I lost you there for a second" Negan jokes with a faint chuckle.

"You kinda did" you remark with a faint smile. "Is this why you didn't come home immediately? You went to find rings?"

"Actually... no" Negan responds with a faint, somewhat sad smile. "I've always had them with me. They were Lucille and my wedding rings."

"Oh" you looked at them opened mouthed.

"If you're not happy with them, I could always-"

"No! No, it's not that" you quickly try to reassure him. "It's just... I'm surprised that you're ok with me wearing HER ring."

"Well, it's pretty fuckin' difficult to find jewellery these days. And I'm sure Lucille would approve of it. You gave me a second chance at life, she'd be proud to have you wearing it."

"If you're sure... then yes. Yes, I'll marry you" you tearfully responded, reaching your hand out for him to place the ring on.

"Nuh-uh" Negan remarks, fisting the rings closed in his palm. "We're not half-assing this. We're having a real wedding ceremony."

"Ok..." you furrow your brows at him, wondering what he had planned.

"Why don't you put on something pretty and meet us downstairs."

"Us?" you look at Negan in confusion.

"I asked Gabey to marry us. He's downstairs and got Daryl to be the witness."

"Daryl?" you chuckle out in amused surprised.

"Yeah..." Negan chuckles at your response. "Told me, that he was only doing it for you."

"Well, then I better get dressed. Don't want to keep Daryl waiting" you quickly jump up from the bed.

"Hey!" Negan chuckles out at your comment. "Who are you marrying? Daryl or Me?"

"Hey, it's not every day that you get Daryl to be witness at your wedding..."

"Our-wedding..." Negan reminds you.

"Our wedding" you flash him a goofy smile.

The wedding wasn't long, just a quick few words from Gabriel, an exchange of rings and then it was over. You didn't really care, as long as you were now officially Negan's wife.

Thanking Gabriel and Daryl for being part of it, you then wished Daryl good luck on the mission he and the others were heading out to do at the nearby military base he had found.