Part Thirty-two

Warning: swearing

**********

After Maggie's plan to dispatch of the Commonwealth soldiers had been a success; everyone had made it to a much safer area to regroup.

You were making the rounds of the room to ensure all was doing well, when noticing Negan making his way over to Hershel.

"You and I have some unfinished business, don't we?" Negan remarks. Hershel doesn't respond, merely silently stares at him.

"Tell you what? You go back with your mom. Help her rebuild your home, in a few years; when you've grown up a bit, come find me. And I promise you, we will settle it."

Hershel continues to remain silent as Negan nods understandingly until Maggie enters the room and he walks away toward you.

"What did you say to him?" you nervously stare toward Maggie and her son as the boy stoically stares you both done.

"Told him; if he wants to settle the score someday, then I'll be waiting."

"Are you insane?!" you scoff at your husband in disbelief as he shrugs in response.

"It took his father from him before he was born... the kid has a valid grudge."

"I fuckin' know that!" you hiss in disapproval at his logic.

"But did you forget, that if he settles that grudge; then your child will be without a father as well?"

"I didn't think that far."

"Of course, you didn't!" you lightly whack him on top the head.

"Ouch! Shit. That hurt..." Negan cries out in complaint as he rubs his head.

"Oh, quit complaining... I didn't even hit you that hard" you scold him, hearing a soft giggle coming from Hershel's direction. His face instantly goes back to a serious stance when you look toward him yet noticing the silent humordo  still in his eyes; you wink at him as you silently smirk.

"You did that on fuckin' purpose, didn't ya?" Negan grumble out, a faint smirk tugging at his lips.

"To knock some sense into that thick head of yours, yes. Fact that the kid found it amusing was a bonus."

"Ya gonna make a great mom..." Negan utters, staring at you lovingly.

"I'll be an even greater one if I can keep my child's father alive" you retort.

"C'mon, Baby... ya can't honestly be that mad at me?"

"Yes, I can" you state matter-of-factly, warning him then.

"Just don't do anything stupid."

"I ain't the one doing stupid things while pregnant" Negan grumbles under his breath.

"What was that...?" you stare at him through narrowed eyes.

"Nothing, Dear..." Negan flashes you a nervous grin, you roll your eyes at him.

"C'mon, let's find out what the next plan is so we can all make it out of here alive."

*****

Your back was killing you after the fast pace that had to be taken to get to safety in one of the old Whisperers hideouts.

"Hey, you ok?" a concerned Negan gently brushes your hair out your face.

"Yeah, baby's just a bit heavy on the back right now" you softly moan, massaging your back to relieve some of the pressure.

Negan frowns in concern at your discomfort, "Maybe you should-", a repeat of signally knocks onto the hideout's door interrupts him midsentence.

A few moments pass when the door finally opens to reveal, Lydia, along with Maggie, Hershel and two others.

"Maggie" Negan remarks in greeting, noticing Hershel then.

"Hey, kid."

Maggie, Negan, Annie and you had stepped away from the group to discuss on what plan action needed to be taken with the situation.

"Are you sure this guy; Horsby is coming?" Annie enquires.

"Yes, Elijah spotted a few of 'em five miles outside our walls last night" Maggie replies, turning toward where Negan and you were leaning against a tree then.

"Thoughts?"

"You helped us..." Negan states, looking at your belly deep in thought.

"And I am grateful. And I got no problem watching the kid, at all. But Y/N... my wife; is heavily pregnant. So, there is no way I'm gonna sit in some Whisperer-wormhole, while you're out... I don't know; saving some shitshow of a home that's not worth saving."

"Negan, shut the fuck up" you scowl at him in disapproval.

"Actually, he's right" Maggie comments.

"Maybe, Hilltop isn't worth saving. But those people are... it's a fight that I started with Horsby. It's not gonna end until I end it."

Negan sighs shaking his head, "yeah, I got no doubt you will. But I also got no doubt, that you are firmly at cross ends with this; Lance-asshole. So, I'm coming with you."

"No" Maggie shakes her head.

"I'll finish it."

"Maggie we can help fight" Annie offers but Maggie shuts her down.

"No, please. I need you to stay here... with Hershel and the others. Keep them away from Hilltop" turning her attention toward you then.

"She looks like she could give birth at any time, it's too dangerous and she'll need both of you."

"Giving birth underground ain't the saftest either," Negan mutters under his breath.

"I know, that's why I'm praying we'll finish this before it happens" Maggie comment, looking to in sympathy (regardless of your relationship with Negan; you had been a valued member of Alexandria and had always kind to Hershel.)

"Hershel trusts you and I know as a mother; you'll do everything to protect him."

"He doesn't exactly trust me, you know" Negan remarks. Maggie pauses, deep in thought for a second.

"But I'm starting to. You saved him, at Riverbend... whatever else happens, or whatever else had happened; I will never forget that."

Negan lets out a sigh of defeat, "you have big balls, Maggie Rhee... I got you. And I got your boy."

Nodding in silent relief, Maggie turns back toward you.

"You mind if I run some ideas by you? Daryl told me you were good with planning such things."

"Sure" you faintly smile, the moment interrupted then by the sound of the locust swarm gathering above.

"Shit" Negan remarks as everyone stares up it.

"If that ain't sign from the Man from upstairs..."