5. Defeat.

MAYA.

"Thank you, but I already washed it," it was partially true. After coming back home I did wash it. And returned the money to him.

"Okay, then." He said, "Its a compensation." He added extra cash and extended it towards me. "I am good. No thanks." I again revolted. When his look changed into something like glare, his brown eyes with hints of black, since I was able to look in them this time turned furious and scary.

And I remembered the Vase. I gulped down, the fear inside me. As I took them quietly.

Even though I took the money, I didn't had any space to exit and leave. His furious eyes now was something else, when they kept staring at me briefly, And suddenly his lips were all over my ears, "And that's how you agree and accept things." His husky hard voice, made my spine vibrate, with my mind suddenly melting and my heat consuming my body. He took a step back, when I got the space to turn and leave. I got out of the door, more like ran out and stood lying on the wall, beside the door, under the painting.

Taking deep breath, and grasping my senses. What was that?

How did I ended up like that?

"Stop teasing! I'm not gonna let you take another girl from company. There are already rumors going around!" Mr.Shroff exclaimed, and unintentionally I heard that. I didn't wanted to. But I did so.

"One more at least. Your company has the best treats." I heard him say, when I decided to run away. I don't want to hear what gibberish they are talking about.

Again back towards the elevator, I stood tracking the location for prop room and budget room, and the Xerox place. I have to copy each and every paper in two and align them to give it to them. But before I need to go towards my office and inform that the designs are approved.

I went down, walking inside the office. Everyone were overly calmed down. As if they were just running and waiting for Mrs.Ahuja to get fired.

"So?" The braid man asked, everyone's attention passing towards my side.

"The designs are approved." I told them when they all were delighted and rested back on the chair. I saw Mrs.Ahuja struggling with the carry bag and box, so I couldn't resist my urge to ignore and follow his instructions and turned to go help her

I went towards her, taking the box off from her hand. "I'll take it, till down." I asked when she briefly stared at me. And then agreed to take my help. We began walking. "Intern!" I heard someone ask for me, I turned but then he looked at me. "We need you here." He wanted me to keep the box down.

So they all use to hate her.

"I'm running an errand for Mr. Shroff he asked me to go to the prop team." I told him when he looked at the box and back at me.

"I don't think so?" He raised his brow at me, "The prop team work in basement, I'm lending her hand till ground floor." I was determined he can't stop me now and as expected, he couldn't. He again rounded his chair back to his cubical, when I hanged my head a little to see what he was doing? He was playing cards in the computer.

I rolled my eyes, when I started to walk towards the exit with Mrs.Ahuja.

"Don't hate them too much, I was always harsh on them that is why they are acting like that."

Even while leaving, she is taking their side. Come to think if it, it was not all her fault that she forgot to check the approval or disapproval. The people who created the designs should have asked too. And from reading there intentions I can assume that they did it intentionally.

"You know I gave my youth, my middle age and my half latest year in the company. I was the first employee Mr.Shroff's father appointed in his little two room garage office. When he use to only take small and little assignments. For forty years, I was here. Through thick and thin I always with former Mr.Shroff. And now his son just fired me not thinking for at least forty seconds." I turned to look at her in surprise.

"Why didn't you stop him to do so?" I asked her, I can only imagine her struggle she is going right now by leaving the company she build with with blood and sweat.

"Its too down for me to beg his son, for saving my job. If he can't see my worth. I won't force him to do so." And yes. This was right. Giving so much to the company he should have worshipped her.

"You did right. I'm sure you will have better to embrace now in your life? Maybe your left over dream? Or hobby? " I asked her when she chuckled, coming out of the elevator on ground floor.

"I do. I wanted to write a book. But I never had the chance. I guess I will have now." She said, when the heavy feeling in my chest was filled with relief.

"I'd love to have sign copy then." I joked, and that made her laugh. We were out in the parking lot, when she turned to look at the main board that was standing beside the revolving gate.

"Of course." She chuckled, with tears in her eyes. But then she swiped it.

She looked at my face for again brief moment.

"Stay away from Mr.Shroff and his friends, they search for preys like you." Her words startled me. I tried to understand the meaning when both our eyes were meeting each others.

"Prey for what?" I asked her after a minute of silence.

"For hunting down."