44. No!

MAYA

"No!" my words out loud astounded both brother and his mother, while she and him both stared at me, "What do you mean? No? You guys are perfect match!" He insisted, but I only know the truth of situation. And I am never ever going to accept this.

"Look, brother its my life and I have my own decisions to make, when i asked for independence? That came along with it. So I want you not to mess with that please?" I just tried to remain cool, because silence over violence. And tried to make sure that even he remains calm because I am scared of his anger alot.

"So are you saying that as a brother I have no right to speak on matters for you?"

Here comes! Emotional blackmails! This is the most common family tactic to get done what they want us to do, "It's not like that bhai, I am just saying I don't want to marry right now, and definitely not that man. Please?" I tried to stay calm, still. And pretend that it's okay and it's fine no matter how much raged I was inside currently.

This is just way to much for me to handle. I need help, a thing I can get out from this.

"Fine Maya! We will do the least we can, you can you out right now. I and his mother will discuss on matter and then call you inside," He asked me, making me feel more trouble, ahead. They will talk, come out of the some plans. And I can't afford more planning and tricking in my life I think I have had enough. Seriously enough.

"The truth is I like someone else,"I lied, I was sure that I will be taking the name of my stupid best friend no matter how big of a lie that will be and let this come to an end. But brother just turned to see my face, and raged eyes, his eyebrows twitched, and head twisted. Telling me to just do what he asked and not to use my brain.

So following his words I came out if the office, and sat on the couch outside. Thinking what possibly are they talking about. And trust me me I was at the edge of bursting out. Right now.

~

It already passed an hour now, and they haven't asked me to come inside I don't know what is going on in there. And no clue.

I was just patiently waiting, I even tried calling Shaan way to many times so that he will come here and act as the man but he won't pick up, he won't just. Why? Why are the best friends never present when we actually want them to be there. I kept dialing again and again but he won't pick up. I messaged him.

Asshole! Screaming inside myself but then the elevator opened, and I saw someone walking inside. My mind blank.

It was him. The man for whom his mother is purchasing me.

Mr. Shivaaye Kapoor.

I wondered to myself, when he looked at me, a little frown on his face, he with all his man behind him. What is he here for business deal? Or person deal? Selling girls? Showing the great catalogue of his to my brother. 

"What are you doing here?" He asked me, i turning my face the other side, totally ignoring him. As said before ei don't want to do anything with a man like that. At all. I ignored his presence.

What am I doing here? As if he doesn't know what I am doing here. You send you mother to crack a deal with my brother. Why acting dumb now?

I wondered to myself, and scoffed watching him go inside the door.

How the three of them inside? This really got me even more nervous. I don't know what to do? Shaan won't pick up. I need someone to be here. So that I can convince brother that I am having nothing going on with this man. Even though after everything happened at the apartment. I need something tough to prove him.

What should I do? What's should I do? I wondered to myself screaming and standing walking here and there. Trying to think what possibly can be done, and that's when Aaryaman  sir came to my kind.

No! Even though I have no other male best friend.  I can't call him. He is Shivaaye's brother. I can't even think about it. Stop! It! It's your problem you deal with it.

Should I call Alia? And pretend to be Lesbian? Yeah! Even that makes more sense. But I can't do that. She is getting married in days, I probably cant be the person who is breaking it for her.

Then what? I wondered but the door opened with brother standing looking at me.

"Come inside," He said to me, and I followed him behind. I walked inside with his mother and him. Sitting on the couch. He in his usual attitude while he had his hand on the couch edge and one leg on another. He saw me, and then looked the other way. Yeah sure, ignore. That would be better for me.

"So, I heard everything from him and his mother, that you guys have had something serious going on," brother continued.

Wait! What does he mean? He knows everything? What did they say and how much? Wait! Were they even honest and true? Maybe they just lied? Probably. That makes sense.

"What?" I asked him, "That you guys were a thing while before, and just broke up. They didn't tell the reason. But, whatever it is work it out. It needs to be worked out. It's matter of business as much as you both." He demanded from me making me mad right now.

"What do you mean work it out? I have no intention of having anything with this man! And are you doing business selling me off? Well I doubt Ranvijay bhai would have ever done this to me! But you will because I am not your sister." I yelled and stormed out.

I did it. I tried to hurt him. So he won't act out again.

You are terrible Maya!