56. Escape Plan

MAYA

"What do you mean? Shivaaye?" I asked, my head turning to look at the young kid who was foreign to these thing, he really wanted to take part in the competition. "Maya, don't question anything! You have no idea, what is going on! Just leave there!" He loudly called out.

"Okay! Okay!" I agreed whatever he was saying because, I can't help it. I know he is dealing with some serious problems, with himself and all the other things. So I just agreed. He hanged the call without any other word.
"We will go, behind the experiment room in west wing. And then the light room door that leads to basement," John instantly started to tell me the great ideas, when I nodded to him, agreeing.

I sat down, on my knees fr the little kid. "Kiddo! Listen to me, I and your dad are really sorry, but I don't think you can attend the exhibition. We need to leave," I asked him. His eyes and face loosing it's happy colour. "What do you mean we have to leave? Why you doing this with me! You are turning cruel liked dad! You leave!" He cried out, he is certainly acting strange today.

What's wrong with him?

"I know! I am so sorry! I don't want thie either, but -" Before I could continue. John called me. "We have no time drag him. Sir ordered."

"Drag him? He ordered?" I turned to see, his was on live minute chat, reporting him.

"Great! Going! Tell him at this rate he is going to be awarded father of the year next time," I took the Shuvu's hand, and started to walk trying to convince him. But the man handed me an earplug.

"Wear this," He demanded, taking it from my hand, I did wear it. "Maya! We don't have time! You want to live? Don't you?" He asked me, when I ignored his voice.

I just went down, through the stairs, till the experiment room. And right beside it was the door of lights. "Why we going here!" Shuvu calling out, I squatting at his level. "We are playing hide and seek. You and I will hide, and your dad will look out!" I told him, he turning little happy. And started to move with me.

"Hide and seek? Well, I'll love to seek you!" He with his flirts. Just doesn't care of place and situation,

"Seriously? Didn't you say we are at stake of like and death? Here you are flirting?" I asked in a murmur. As we basses through stairs to down.

"I am sorry! Can't help it!" He apologized but with no remorse. We kept walking downstairs and finally saw a basement where all the things like broken benches, boards and furniture were resting. And there was a door, a far. Looking out.

"Is it that one?" I asked turning to look at John. Who smiled

Wait that was smirk. And pointed the gun out at me.

"Ouch!" He mumbled. As he gave this evil laugh.

My sudden silence, and everything silent around. Got Shivaaye a kind of hint.

"Take the pods out and step on it. Break it!" John demanded. Me looking at the kid beneath me shock. I kept hand on his eyes, and back hugged him with my hands.

"It's nothing. Kiddo! I told you we were playing game. I guess we are caught." I told him. But he was rather silent. And just standing.

"Who? and why?" Two words and there answer was enough to know.

"FIRST! The earplugs! Smash them!" He loudly screamed.

I removing it threw it down on the floor. And stepped up on them. Sincerely breaking it.

"Good!" He smiled, and pointed the gun down at Shivaanshya.

I pushing him behind. "I did what you said, now tell me who the hell are you? And why the hell are you doing this?" I demanded an answer from him, it is wierd. I am unsure was it him who backstabbed Shivaaye? Or was it Shivaaye's plan to throw me off the cliff if I am not going to be with him.

He said he will either take me as his wife, or trade me back to the trader. Though he admitted that he bought me.

Then? What is this?

I wondered to myself, he removing, a whole fake face he was applying on his skin! A whole damn! Fucking fake face. What the hell?

It was a skin like texture, but it was all a lie. He could remove it, and he was removing it like it was flour on his face. No wonder he was looking like an Al.

He removed it, and my heart stop.

Aaryaman?

I thought to myself he smiling.

"Hello! Ms. Maya! The intern!" He greeted me cheerfully but I was not that cheered up. "You fucking back stabber! How can you do this to your own brother? Have you no shame!?" I asked him, he laughing.

"Shouldn't you care about that? Shame? The one think you have lost? A guy trying to sell you, and here you are perfectly accepting his over budget building and money gifts!"

How does he know? Did he stalk me?

"Whatever I do with my life why does it matter?" I asked him he laughing and shaking his head.

"It matters to me! Girl! That, person you love and trust and going to make happy is that brother who made me loose the girl Iove dearly. To some random jerks, that sold her to an elite house.

He needs to share my pain, right?"