31. Moments.

MAYA

The clattering around me, made me get up because I am not use to having voice around me. I lived alone, I opened my eyes, my hands caught in another pair of small and tiny hands, making me smile. And making my morning beautiful

I was at the couch. And the little kid was beside me the chessboard and its pieces were scattered around on the table, Shivanshya's face in front of me. His lips slightly parted, and eyes closed tight shut. He was taking small inaudible breathe but his body was moving up and down. Really cutely.

He is like an angel, looking at him like this really made me laugh. Last night we were playing chess when he suddenly demanded and we slept on the couch while playing. It was so fun. He is shockingly polite and sweet with hints of maturity in this small age.

He was so perfect as a kid!

I raised my head lying beside when I saw, that there was head above me, and it was Mr. Kapoor. He was sleeping over my heard with, too on the couch. He was working yesterday while we were playing, I guess he too slept here with us. I heard that the source of clattering was actually a cleaner, who shushed me, and giggled passing by us. Making me little embarrassed.

The boy beside me slowly clutched on my fingers, making me really astonish. He caught them more tightly. And came closer to me, cuddling with me.

He, must really miss his mom. No matter how good a father is, there is always in place in our life which belongs to our mother. He must have that place really empty.

"You are here, Ms. Rai?" I heard the voice above me, when Mr. Kapoor sat up. He doesn't know I am up. So I shut my eyes together, "Yes," She replied, and kept working. I felt some warm gaze on my skin. Assuming that it must be Mr. Kapoor. I got weirdly nervous.

But then, I heard his moving above me when he came and started to take Shivanshya away from me. He grunted in his sleep, but Mr. Kapoor didn't care. Mine and Shivanshya's hand was still interwine together, so he couldn't completely part us.

But, then his hands came towards mine and he started to part mine and Shivanshya's hand. Nor me, or Shivanshya letting go. I opened my eyes when he won't give up parting us.

"Let him be," I murmure, Mr. Kapoor getting aware that I am awake. "Let him sleep here with me," I said when he shaked his head.

"You don't have to do it. It's okay," He mumbled and forcefully snatching his hand away. Making me little shock.

He took her away, in his arms towards the room, when I sat up.

Of course, he must be angry, I am invading his privacy and his child.

When I got up, I realised that there was a blanket on me. Which I assume he put on. Maybe.

I walked back from inside, and was looking embarrassed about everything.

"I am sorry about him, he kept you till late and probably must be shock to you." He nervously, said, making it strange and making me look like a stranger.

"It's okay, he is just a kid." I replied when he said thank you. Almost inaudible. "Let me take you back,"He said picking his car key and phone when I said no to him instantly.

" It's okay you don't have to. I will go by myself. You should spend time with him, because he will go back to campus today." I told him, when he was just blankly staring at me."Let me take you till out then," He replied and started to walk with me.

When I too, started to walk towards the elevator. But he stopped, "Or maybe if you have time, you can have breakfast with us?" He asked, little nervous from his look.

Well, I can only guess why is he acting strange today. My expression from last night, ever since I found out about Shivanshya wasn't that happy and pleased.

Not, that I hate it, but, I was just too shocked to be totally normal and okay. There was no articles or rumours around. That I will get hint, so it really got me in shock.

"Sure, I am free. Also, he will be really disappointed when he wakes up and finds his girlfriend away. Without a goodbye.." I joked when he laughed.

But I am really trying to get use to the fact, and make it less awkward for him. I don't know if I am doing a poor job. But I am trying my best to make him fell less hurt on it. He nodded, and asked me to sit back on the couch.

"I'll get fresh an up quickly. Umm, that door is Shivanshya's room, you can use it there if don't find it comfortable to use my room. The guest room is a mess. Because we don't get guest around." He excused when I nodded. He showed me towards the kid when I walked inside. He had avengers and fighters all around the wall and his furniture. He was sleeping soundly on his bed. When I decided to walk towards the kid. And sat on the bed beside him, staring at his sleeping face.

He is really cute. I wondered to myself, smiling. When a little snore escaped him. Making me laugh.

Footsteps behind me making me jerk my head back.

He walked inside handing me some new towel and brush. "I thought you had maid. You are doing everything yourself." I said standing and taking them away from his hand. "They are just to sweep and dust. I do the rest myself."

"Really? You don't look the type, I commented when he laughed." I was not, but there was a full time maid before. Who looked after Shivanshya and house chores all... "He stopped, hesitating,"Later I found out she use to abuse Shivanshya if he made even little mistakes. So I don't trust any, anymore."  He explained making me really astounded.

Why? Why would somebody hurt a little kid? I turned to look at Shivanshya, when I fought my urge to ask for not, but I did anyway.

" Did you ever consider remarrying? He is so small, I guess he really needs a mother," I asked him, sighing for the little kid, "Ahh, I considered you -"