13. Something Is Off.

MAYA

I waved Shaan bye, when he came to drop me from his car. At my office wishing me badluck in joke. When I walked inside the office. Remembering all the wierd things that happened here that day. And my pendant. Especially.

If it's not him. And not the stalker found at the police station. It's definitely someone else. And lets just stay quiet about it. And wait for his reaction is my motto. For now. I kept walking inside when I heard some staffs, gossiping as soon as they saw me.

I didn't over hear there words, as I went on the floor for my office. I walked inside the office findinf Mr. Shroff, I stared at him from behind. But his body looked very strangely familiar from behind.

As if I saw him. Wait. If he has mask on him he will look exactly just like that. What the hell? Am I hallucinating. He turned, and found me staring at him. He frowned, and walked passed me. Even his aura is too similar.

Stop! Maya! You are victimising someone innocent. Unless you know clear. Don't make assumptions.

I walked over my desk at the corner. And started to work clouded on my message board. Following the instructions and rest. It was hard to figure them all out and! God they make me do all the things! Why is everything settled by me? I wondered when I heard, Mr. Shroff walking inside again. He stared at all the people working. While I looked at him from the corner of my eyes.

Why did he halted at me?

Come on! Maya! Stop thinking the world revolves around you, since you have been through some shit! Just stop! I asked myself. Or told myself, when he screamed my name.

"Intern!" I jumped out of my seat. The chair falling behind me, when I nodded and walked towards him after setting my chair back to place.

"Sorry, yes sir!?"I asked, when he called someone else too. The braid man. Why him? He is so annoying!

"Okay, you both are going to visit the location of arrangements with Mr. Kapoor, on the one week business trip. You both are leaving with him tomorrow. So complete all your pending work today itself! Okay?" He asked me.

Wait? Business trip with that potential stalker? No way!

" I can't go sir! "I screamed before he can complete the order..

" Excuse me?"

" Excused! " I out of reaction said. And instantly apologies," Sorry sir, that was an impulse. I can't go! "I said when he raised his brow.

Stop imagining him in mask. Stop! You stupid girl!

" May I know the reason? "

Because he is a stalker and a creep.

" I have a house warming party this week in my house. I cant go. Since I am hosting it! "I said, when he sighed.

"Do it next week." He told me his answer, when I shook my head

"No I can't do that! I am sorry!" I said shocking everyone. Because I am just an intern. How can I be so bold? Right?

Do you wanna loose your job? MAYA?

"Fine! Don't go! No one is forcing YOU." He said on my over enthusiastic no. When he just didn't care about my opinion. Yeah. Thats great, I turned to walk over again to my seat. And sat back, when I recieved a wierd text on my phone from an unknown number. I opened the contact and message.

It's time for you to quit. Do it or you will regret it.

What the hell? Who the hell is this person? Wait. Is he someone different then my stalker? Is it him? I stood from my seat. Again jumping, as once again Mr. Shroff stared at me. I pick my bag,

I need to see what that stalker is doing in the jail? Because, if he didn't send the message. He is not the one.

I started to walk out with my bag, but the braid man stopped me, "Where are you going?" He asked me, making me stop, "I am taking a half day. I'm sorry I have to leave." I said and turned to run out, finding a quick taxi. I went to the police station. Coming out. I walked inside as I did the formality it takes to get inside and meet the culprit.

I walked inside the jail room. With bars between me and the Stalker. He stared at me. And smiled.

"I know you didn't follow me for yourself. There was someone behind you wasn't it?" I asked him, as he laughed.

"Cleaver and stupid of you to come back  to ask this to me. I told you earlier. It was the man behind you." He shrugged, when I shook my head.

"Lie. He is my best friend and he wasn't here for months lately." I said when he laughed.

"Not that one, the other one." He said astounding me. "And he was not alone there was another guy who was with him, when he gave me money to follow you and report him." He shocked me. And scared me, my legs fumbling and my mind blank from the information.

"Why are you telling everything though?" I asked him when he smiled, he smiles alot.

"Because he gave me so much money already to keep quiet so now, you will free me from the jail." He spat, and grabbed my neck suddenly, while I threw my hands to get free and stumbled back. And fell on the ground.

"Get me out of here!" he screamed, when I turned and ran out of the police station. And took a taxi for my house. I went in my apartment, closing the door with all the locks I can apply. And sat on the floor.

Why? What does he wants from me? " I wondered to myself. Thinking and rewinding where I made a mistake. For him to be a creep like this. And decided. That I can only know that after being around him.

Okay! You are going to go on the trip! Maya?