39. Unclear Words

MAYA

I was sitting on the floor in front of his face on couch while he was whimpering in pain slowly. He slept after his unclear questions. Leaving me all alone just to wonder on what he meant when he said that.

I know he is not just some clear normal man from what I have seen so far, but I was wondering on what is the thing he have committed that he is feeling so guilty about?

I was blankly staring at his not so innocent face, as the sound of birds chirping rang in the window. I looked out and it was already morning. The sun rising slowly, the night was hectic.

He took my hand, and it wasn't the sleep that I can tell from his face. He was playing, he took my hand all the way down from my crossed legs and clutched it tightly, holding onto them.

Making me smile a little from my lips. When he too smiled. "If you will keep staring at me like this, I will kiss you Ms. Maya. And it won't be my fault." He muttered, flirting, making me giggle. This man is never serious.  He opened his eyes as he saw the worry frown on my forehead, "Must you really carry it around with you everywhere?" He asked me, patting on my forehead. "Well, apparently I am entangled with a a person who won't let me have a simple day once." I told him when he giggled but yelled ouch.

"Anyways, I am hungry? What will I get?" He asked me, and looked behind me towards the kitchen visible from the couch. "I wanna make something for you, but my body won't help me I guess." He cried. When I rolled my eyes, "You were showing way to much stamina trying to stop me from coming?" I taunted him, but as always he is never serious.

"There are more place to check my stamina?" He chuckled when I hit the side of his hand where there was a slit. Making him yelp.

I stood and walked towards the kitchen checking on the ingredients I had, and made him something easy. That his instant noodle, because thats all I had. How much will a single person eat? So I don't buy anything.

"Ms. Maya? I want to go bathroom, which way?" He asked me, from couch. "There is only one way in house Mr. Kapoor. It's not your apartment." I taunted when he laughed. He was intentionally acting pretensious. Arya's house is same length. Standing from the couch and walking towards the bathroom. He closed the door. As I input the noodles in the boiling water.

And he walked out of the bathroom, as he came and sat on the table. And looked at me cooking. "They, from yesterday, will come again right?" I hesitated but did came out of words, his eyes rising at me.

"Probably." He made a one word answer, when the I was mixing the noodles and water, ending up falling the bowl on myself.

MAYA! He yelled from behind, as I instantly walked back. I was only half affected. Sighing. He looked at me from distant.

"What did your mom said? Yesterday for them to just go away?" I asked standing covered in the noodle soup. "Go! And change it was boiling water."

"What did she say?" I kept asking. I am not so tough head. But I really needed to know before the topic changes.

"She will pay it off. She offered him a lump of sum and said that she will pay it all off. I had money too but I had less, she has alot. So she said she will purchase you." He explained me telling me the truth.

"Ane what is the whole truth Shivaaye?" I asked him straightforward. When he kept his hand on his head. And rubbed it.

"Must you really know everything now? Please! Maya! Go and change and treat yourself. I am sure it must be burning.

"What is it that you do?" I again asked him. When he sighed, tiredly. "Please, Just please?" He begged me again. When I couldn't help but go and change in clothes with applying some antiseptic I bought for yesterday.

~

I walked outside when I saw that he was gone. He already left? Leaving me all alone here, without a single word.
Maybe because he was worried that I will ask him for the truth. I know half things but I still want to know the whole in clear words and not assumptions.

I sighed and sat down with my phone ringing in side. I looked at it, finding, messaging from the guy.

I guess you had a taste
That was just a trailer
If you want to save yourself
Runaway...

He wrote it, when I sighed. Seems like he is not the weirdo. Maybe he can tell me what is going on around me? Cant he?

Who are you? I want to meet you. Now.

I replied back when the typing sigh was showing. I waited with by breath halted too, as after a long break while he finally replied,

Meet me at the souvenior cafe

He replied back as I stood with my purse and phone, on the search of where is the the damn cafe. It was right beside my office.

I sent outside, waiting for the taxi, as I sat inside and the car started to drive. I waited, and tried to gather my head together that was wondering everywhere right now. I arrived, walking out, I went towards the cafe.

How will I recognise you?

I messeged him when the reply came,

The first person you recognise as someone you know in the cafe is me.