30. Tragedy Is A Common Fate

MAYA

"Dad!" I heard the loud voice rang in the room, when my eyes realised that the figure that was running inside was actually a kid. And it was his voice.

My mind blanked, and eyes shocked. The kid seemed like at least a five year old, running towards Mr. Kapoor, and hugged his leg. He was smiling, his eyes sparkling with innocence and lingering on me.

I looked at Mr. Kapoor who was looking at him and smiling brightly too. It was a simple and sincere smile. From what I can read on his face. I was honestly shock. My eyes was just on the kid who was now handing on his father's leg.

Father? Him? He is too young for that?

Well, who knows.

I looked at his face, with eyes on me. "I don't live alone. He lives with me, Shivanshya," He explained to me, with his trying to read my reaction.

And I can tell my reaction. It was shocked, it was curious.

I had many question right now. "Who is that dad?" The kid asked leaving his father's leg and standing straight, "Is she my mom!? You said you will bring her to me one day?" He said and stared at me, his curious eyes, making me feel bad for him. "No, Shivanshya, she is not mother, she is -"

"Your girlfriend?" The kid continued for his father and really making me shock he was just a max to max seven year old kid and he was talking about girlfriend,

Must be talking after his father.

Shivanshya? Shivaaye and Riya, they combined the name.

"She is not my girlfriend boy, she is my friend." He replied to the kid. When he nodded, and extended his hands towards me, "Hello, I am Shivanshya Kapoor," He politely and with manner introduced himself and smiled at me.

I got on his level, and too extended my hand towards him, but I didn't took his handshake, I instead made a fist with my pinky  finger out, "This is a new handshake, wanna learn?" I asked him when he smiled and nodded enthusiastically.

"I want to learn!" He said and turned his spread palm like me. As a old handshake every kid have done once in there life, I intertwined both our fingers, and extended my thumb asking him to roll is hands around like me, and then handshake together.

He was definitely a fast learner. As soon as he got it, he got really happy and jumping. Asking Mr.Kapoor to handshake with him the sameway too.

When he too did the same smiling.

"Why aren't you in your campus?" He asked him after the handshake, "Let's talk later dad!" he arrogantly replied and walked over me, making me chuckle. Someone really crushed the ego of Mr. Kapoor, "Since, you are not dad's woman and my mom. Will you be my girlfriend? I really like you?" He asked me.

Wow! Do they son and father have a habit of getting girlfriends over snap?

"Enough! Kid! Go inside. And sleep," He demanded his son.

His son... Woah.

"I will not!" He declared, and gave a eye roll to his father. Pretending to be tough in front of me. "My father, is really clueless, he doesn't get me, please bare with me." The kid seriously roasted his own father and took my hand but jearked it, "Sorry. Can I take your hand?" He politely asked me then. To touch my hand. When I kept mine in his.

"Well, atleast someone has manners," I slowly mumbled, but made sure it was audible to Mr. Creep.

And walked with his son, over ahead. The kid took me towards the couch and asked me too sit, himself sitting on the one ahead me. His father standing behind me, over the couch. His hands on the couch edge, near my shoulders, as he watched his son.

His son... Why can't I get use to the term?

Why is it so wierd that he has a son? Why?

"You didn't tell me your name?" He asked me,

"You don't even know her name and you asked her to be your girlfriend? That's messed up Mister." Mr. Kapoor tried to get his burned reputation back. When he shrugged, "Affection needs no name. Father." He cruelty replied, and I can't hold back on my laugh, and raised my hand at the kid for a high five, when he reciprocated.

"I thought you will be at campus right now. Ahh, you ruined are date kid. But are you up? Shouldn't you be in bed right now?" He asked his son, feeling sad that his so call win win at the flip a coin was now all in vain.

And I got a good shield.

"You can't date my girlfriend!" He slowly yelled at his dad. When I took Mr. Kapoor side this time, "I didn't agree to be your girlfriend." I revolted back to the kid, when he shrugged.

"Doesn't matter ? As long as you didn't say no." He laughed.

"Father like son." I laughed, when the man behind me groaned, and fake caughed.

"You are really smart!" I complimented a kid, when he smiled, "I must take after my mother because this man doesn't have brain!" He replied, tightly zipping his lips and shaking his head looking at Mr. Kapoor.

And I kept laughing, "This man? He is your father," I asked him for some manner, when he nodded.

"That is the problem, that is the problem.." He sighed and nodded, making me laugh so much.

Indeed that is. Indeed that is.