Kabanata 2( Chapter 2)

"Anak, wake up" She heard while she was sleeping

"Honey, wake up na" habang patagal ng patagal lumalakas ang sinsabi ng taong ito 

"Mary Francine Lao, wake up!" she woke up instantly after hearing that and she saw her mom beside her bed looking at her with an irritated face. 

"Good morning mommy!" She said while rubbing her eyes while smiling at her mom.

" Honey you know what time it is? It is already 12 pm." Mommy said which made me shock, this is the first time I woke up so late.

"Pack the things you need for school, your necessities, needs and for the condo. We are going to go to Cebu tomorrow, I hope you remember honey." Mommy added and I nodded. I immediately stood up from my bed and went to the bathroom to wash my face and brush my teeth.

"Also, honey lunch is already ready, go down after doing your arte things okay?" Mommy said and I rolled my eyes at the arte things and laughed after she also laughed and after that left my room.

I took a bath and brushed my teeth and change into a plain shirt and pambahay shorts. I immediately went down after I was done and witnessed my parents sitting on the dinning table eating lunch. As I was almost near them my parents' attention moved to me.

"Good afternoon mommy and daddy!" I said and kissed their cheeks.

"Good afternoon sleepyhead, have a sit and eat already." Daddy said and I sat down on the chair beside my mom.

As I look at the table, I can see fried chicken and sinigang na baboy. I immediately fill my plate with some rice, fried chicken and sinigang na baboy which are my favorites. I started eating when my mom asked me a question.

"Mary Francine did you already pack your things?"

" After eating I will pack my things mom." I answered and she nodded.

"Anak only bring what you need okay, you can also buy naman there so no need to worry." Sabi ni daddy.

"Okay dad, but I think it would be better if hindi ako masyadong magastos doon." Sagot ko kay daddy, he laughed at my remark. You want to ask why he is laughing? Because he knows as magastos but I am not that magastos naman sometimes lang.

I resumed eating and just listened to their conversation about their work. My mom and dad talk about their work sometimes and I am always intrigued since they use different terms. After listening to them talking I always search about those and study because I want to know about them. Also, I love books, but it does not show, I have a lot of books at home and most of them are educational.

After eating I went upstairs, to pack my things. I will surely miss our house; I will miss mommy and daddy and everything, but I must study on a different city because it is my dream university and for me to take one step closer to my dreams.

As I arrived at my room, I saw empty bags and boxes already beside my bed. That is why I immediately sorted out the things I need to bring and what needs to stay. Also, I already made a list of what are the main things that I should bring and one of those things are my books. I think, I need them, and I can use them in class. I continued packing without even noticing the time, I just noticed it when my mom knocked at my door and told me that it is dinner time already. I went down the stairs and went to the kitchen to eat.

"I saw that you are almost done packing honey." Mommy said while she was eating.

"Yes mommy, I am already set for tomorrow." I said and my mom smiled.

"By the way I would like to ask if anong oras tayo aalis bukas?" I added.

"We are going to leave the house tomorrow by 7 am and our flight is at 9 am." Daddy said, and I just nodded.

"I hope there would be no traffic tomorrow for us to not be late for our flight because we are going to go to our daughters dream university." Mommy said with so much joy in her tone and I smiled on that. My parents are so supportive of me and I could not ask for more.

"Thank you, mommy and daddy, for supporting me and for letting me chase my dreams even if malalayo ako sa inyo. Also thank you for always taking care of me and providing me with everything I need" I said and hugged them.

"We will always support you anak we are your number 1 fan." Daddy said.

"Now let's stop the drama and resume eating, dapat hindi namamaga yung mga mata natin tomorrow." Mommy said while fanning her hands on her eyes in a pinaarte way, we laughed and resumed eating.

After eating, we all said our goodnights and went to our rooms. As soon as I entered my room, I felt sad, I would not be waking up in this room for a couple months, but I just shrugged that feeling because I know that I am just being a drama queen right now.

I washed up again, changed into my pajamas and got ready for bed. I was about to go to sleep when my phone beeped. I took my phone from the side table and checked it. It was a notification from facebook, A friend request. I did not put a lot of attention to that and just turned my phone off, put my phone on the side table and looked at the ceiling trying to sleep. I don't know why it is so hard to sleep maybe because I am excited or maybe I feel anxious. I just shrugged it off and covered my face with a pillow but there is another thought that crossed my mind who is that guy, and who is that person that just added me and it looks like it was a new account or maybe a dummy, I don't know, but I have this question. 

Who is Xavier?

Who is Ivan?