Kabanata 4(Chapter 4)

It has already been a week since that incident and now I am getting ready for school. It is our first day today and I think that the professors will not start classes immediately, because they would be kill joy if they do that. I am wearing my uniform paired with a pair of black closed shoes and I brushed my hair and made it neat.

After getting ready I went to the kitchen to eat, I just heated the food I had for dinner yesterday. My parents already left a day after my enrollment because they had work to do, they insisted to have a maid stay here with me, but I didn't want to since I want to be independent. After eating I got my bag and went down stairs since kuya driver already texted me na he is downstairs na raw.

"Good morning ma'am!" Kuya greeted when he saw me getting near him.

"Good morning kuya!" I replied.

After that I entered the car, and we were already heading to the university. I don't know why I am still riding the car even though the university is like very near me lang, my parents said na it's for my protection raw, but I will try to negotiate with them soon.  After a few minutes we arrived at the university and I got out of the car, I roamed my eyes around the ground and  there were a lot of students.

After that I went to the hall where we will have our assembly, there is a whole university assembly and per degree. Everything and everyone are so unfamiliar for me, but I have a goal today and that is to make new friends. One way for me to survive college is for me to have friends and to study hard.  As I entered the hall I looked for a chair where I can sir and after minutes I finally found one, I took the sit and sat down. I fished out my phone from my bag for me to not be bored. As I was already deep into my phone I heard 2 girls talking.

"OHMYGHADD YANNA!!! I am so excited, I heard na there are lots of gwapo na guys daw here." The first girl said and that made me look at their direction.

"Truee, I saw a senior kanina and he is so gwapo. I really want to know his name pero soon na." The second girl said and that made me laugh. When I laughed the 2 of them looked at me with a confusing look.

"Excuse me? What are you laughing about?" The first girl asked, which made me stop from laughing. I looked at her and answered.

"I was just scrolling through my phone and I found a funny post." I smiled awkwardly after saying that and the both of them looked at each other and I think maybinulong yong second girl I think, after that they looked at me and spoke.

"Ohhh ok, are you a freshy?" The first girl asked which made my forehead crease, contemplating if I should answer her or not, but I guess this is one step into making friends diba.

"Yes, I am freshy of BSMT. How about you two?" I answered and asked.

"OMYGHADD AHHH!! We are also freshies of BSMT, we are so glad to find you at least we have a new friend." The first girl said, with enthusiasm and joy on her tone plus she was clapping her hands.

"Right we can be friends, I am Yanna Andrea Torres ." The second girl said while smiling.

"And I am Jenny Chu. What's your name?" The first girl said.

"I am Mary Francine Lao, nice to meet you two." I said while smiling.

I was shocked when the two of them came closer to me and hugged me, this is very weird but at least I have friends already. After that hug we sat down because the program was about to start. While the program was ongoing Yanna and Jenny bugged me and always ask some questions, that is why I also answered them because it would be rude to not answer right(?).

"So what should we call you, Mary or Francine?" Yanna asked, she said that I should call her Yanna because that is what her friends call her.

"You can call me Francine but it is up to you where you are more comfortable with." I said

"Okayy, I am going to call you Francine or France for short ." Yanna said which made me smile

"And I am going to call you France also." Jenny said.

After that we talked and talked, we didn't even listen to the program but that is okay mayroon namang sa department naming mamaya. After that we went to the canteen to eat some snacks because they said that they are gutom na.

While we were walking, I noticed that Jenny is shorter than Yanna maybe 2 or 3 inches shorter. Jenny is half, her father is Chinese, while her mother is Half American and Filipino, that is why she is somewhat mestiza. While Yanna is also half her father is British and her mother is Filipino. While me on the other hand, I am also a half, half tao and half manananggal, just kidding. My mommy is half American and Filipino while my dad is half Spanish and Chinese.

We arrived at the canteen and ordered some snack. I ordered frice and blue lemonade. While Jenny and Yanna ordered burger and lemonade. We looked for a table where we can eat and we found one near the door, that is why we sat there and started eating. While we were eating Jenny and Yanna were back again in their gwapo hunting, these two really gives me a headache.

"Uy, I have chika, I just new na ang anak daw sa tag iya sa St. Luxe kay naa dira like ang manghod." Yanna said in mix English and Bisaya.

"OHH, who?" Jenny asked.

"I don't know the name pa pero they said na gwapo raw and ka batch natin he is also under the same degree as us." Yanna said again mixing languages. I am so glad I know how to speak a lot of languages.

"That's a good news, now I am so excited na sa orientation natin later." Jenny said, also mixing languages.

I just listened to them, because I have no interest on guys naman talaga, because study first is my motto. I just continued eating while they were still talking about some guy na anak raw ng may-ari ng St. Lukes, which is a big hospital.

Author's note:

Thank you very much for the support guys!!!