Kabanata 9 (Chapter 9)

After that conversation there was this silence in between us but it was not awkward.

"Can I turn the music on?" He said.

"Sure." I said.

I saw him press a button and the screen in front turned on.

"Do you want to connect?" He said referring to the bluetooth. I nodded my head and connected my phone to the car to play some music. I played All too well ten minutes version by Taylor Swift.

As the music played I wanted to sing to it but I am shy and maybe he will be bothered. Minutes after that we finally arrived at the mall.

"Let's go." He said while opening the door on my side. He offered his hand but he immediately turned his hand down. I didn't give much attention to it and just went out of the car.

We entered the mall and we went to vikings to eat. I'm not really hungry but the food here is great so.

"Are you okay here?" He said, referring to the restaurant where we are at.

"Yep, I love this place." I said and smiled at him, he smiled back. I am glad that I can at least make him smile after what I heard kanina.

"Let's get some food na, i'm starving na kasi." I said and laughed after, he also laughed at my remark.

We went to the foods and picked some. I went to the sushi section and I got salmon sashimi and california maki, which are my faves. I went back to our table and I saw that he is not there yet. I arrived at our table and sat down. I waited for him before I start eating. I look around the restaurant to see if where he is na. I saw him talking to a group of guys, maybe his friends or acquaintances. Maybe he noticed me staring at him, that's why he looked at my direction. Our eyes met but I immediately broke that and looked at my food, that was weird and awkward. As I was starring at my food I noticed that there is a figure of a man in front of me. I looked up to see who it was and I saw Xavier in front of me.

"Sorry it took me long to get my food because I bumped in to some of my friends." He said, while placing his food on the table.

"It's okay. I just waited for you since it would be bad if nauna akong kumain." I said.

"Let's start eating na." He said.

We started eating na and we talked na rin.

"Would you like me to call you Francine or Mary?" He asked while we were eating.

"I don't really mind what you call me." I said.

"So pwede baby." He said and laughed after. "Joke lang, your facial expression was so priceless." He said while still laughing.

"Whatever" I said while rolling my eyes.

"So can I also call you jerk?" I asked and laughed. His expression changed from laughing to being serious.

"Am I a jerk? You can call me Xavier or if you want love." He said while laughing. The fuck with the guys of this guy.

"I'll just call you Xavier and you can call me Francine." I said to end the conversation. After that we resumed eating, but he spoke again.

"So you are taking up?" He asked.

"I am taking up Bachelor of Science in medical technology. How about you?" I said.

"I am taking up Bachelor of Science in medical technology too, I guess we are not classmates in some subjects." He said which made me shock. Ohh so he is also studying medtech.

"Ohh, maybe." I said and continued eating.

After a few minutes we finally finished eating. He said that he wants to pay for our bill but I said I will pay for mine and he said ok. After that we went back to the car na.

When we were in his car na, he said that he will send me to my condo na and I nodded as a sign of agreement. While we were on the road, I noticed my phone beeped that's why I checked it, I saw a message from my mom.

"Darling manong told us that you did not let him pick you up since you are going out." I read silently from my mom's message.

"Yes mom, I am out with a friend." I typed and replied.

"Ohh hi darling I am glad that you picked up na. It's okay. Are you going home na?" Mommy replied.

"Yes mom I am heading home na." I replied.

"Ok darling. Call us when you are at your condo na." Mommy said.

"Ok mom, love you." I replied and put my phone back on my pocket.

"Are your parents looking for you already?" He asked after I put my phone on my pocket.

"Yep, but I told them na I am going home na." I said to him.

"Ok." He said and smiled at me.

After a few minutes we finally arrived at the lobby of my condo.

"Thanks for having dinner with me." He said.

"You're welcome, that was great though." I answered and smiled at him. I am glad that I accompanied him for a while.

"Ohh I almost forgot. Here's the book." I said and handed him the book. He accepted it and said.

"Ok. I will give it to you tomorrow?" He said.

"You can give it to me maybe next week nalang since I already made notes." I said.

"Ok, just text me." He said.

"Ok, good bye, have a safe drive." I said and turned my back at him.

"Or you can contact me on my socials, I will send a friend request to you." He said. I just nodded as an answer and went inside na.

Maybe he forgot that he already added me or sent a friend request? I don't know.

I arrived at the elevator and started thinking about what happened earlier. I am so glad that I helped him at least even just for a short hour to forget about his worries.