Kabanata 25 (Chapter 25)

Before my residency, me and my family went to the states for us to relax daw and grandma wants to buy something that is not available in the Philippines. I don't know what she is going to buy, because she still hasn't bought it even if it's our 3rd day here na. We are now here at rodeo drive; we are doing some shopping.

"Mary, buy everything you like." My grandma said and showed me inside. We are now here at channel; I have been eyeing a channel bag, but I don't want to buy it yet. I asked if they have the bag, I want and the person assisting us nodded.

"I just want to see it I am not going to buy it yet." I said to myself.

When the bag arrived, I fell in love with it. It was a classic handbag with grained shiny calfskin and gold-tone metal it was in a color white. It's delicate I know, but I like it. I am also eyeing the classic handbag with the tweed and black metal it is light pink and black. It's nice. While I was looking at the bags I didn't notice that my grandma is beside me.

"You like that apo?" My grandma ask out of the blue.

"Yes po, but I can buy it next time if I have enough money from my own pocket." I said to her, emphasizing the my own pocket but she only laughed.

"I will buy you that today apo, and you can buy something more when you have your own money na." She said and told the person assisting me that we will get the two bags. I felt shy that's why I didn't look at things nab aka lumalabas lang yong lola ko tapos sabihing ok we will get that.

We got out of Chanel carrying at least 10 big paper bags, my mom bought some bag too and other things. While grandma bought a lot. I guess it's okay since she doesn't buy these things in the Philippines.

After Chanel we went to lot of stores pa and after that we went back to our house. We have a house here in Beverly Hills and I think it's quite convenient since it's near to the things grandma wants.

"I'll go upstairs na mom." I told my mom and kissed her cheek.

The moment I arrived at my room, I unpacked the things that I bought and looked at it. If I sell some of these, I can build a house for myself right, but I just laughed at that thought. I won't sell these because these are gifts. After checking them out, I placed them in my walk-in closet.

When I got out of my closet, I called Xavier through facetime.

"Hi love" I said.

"Hey love, what time is it there?" He asked.

"It's 6:39 pm here, how about there?" I asked him while eating some macaroons.

"It's 10:39 am." He said and chuckled.

"I have a gift for you when I comeback. I hope we could see each other?" I said to him.

"I also have a gift for you. Yep, we can see each other I will just be in Manila." He said and I smiled.

"Yes! I can't wait to see you; we haven't seen each other for like months na." I said to him and laid down on my bed.

"We only haven't seen each other for 2 months love, don't be exaggerated." He told me and laughed.

"Ok, fine." I said and rolled my eyes but after that I laughed.

While we were talking, I heard a knock on his door.

"Love, someone is outside your door." I told him and I heard him curse.

"Ok love, I'll call you later." He said and before he could end the call, I heard a voice of a woman.

"What are you doing here, you are supposed to be downstairs with" That was what I heard lang since the call got cut off.

I just texted him to take care and I love you and after that I went downstairs to eat. After eating we talked and talked pa about a lot of things and after that people left the table already one by one. I was about to leave the table when my parents called for me. I went to near them.