Kabanata 3 (Chapter 3)

I woke up around 5 am because we are going to leave the house by 7 am. As soon as I woke up, I went to the bathroom to take a shower and afterwards I already dressed up in a comfortable outfit, I am wearing a straight legged high waisted light washed maong pants and for my top I am wearing a white shirt and if it is cold in the plane I am going to wear the black jacket I brought, also for my shoes I am wearing a Nike low dunk with a combination of black and white that is why maybe they call it panda, I don't know.

After changing I went downstairs and started bringing my luggage too, as soon as I was downstairs my mom called me for a quick breakfast, we have bread, bacon, and egg. I ate bread pared with bacon and egg and after that I went back up to my room and resumed transferring my things. When it was already 6:30 all our things are ready in the car and we were just waiting for mommy. At 6:50 mommy finally arrived, thank God. At 6:55 we started to embark to our destination. While going to the airport we had small conversations but after that I fell asleep.

When we arrived at the airport, the familiar feeling and scent came to me, I miss travelling. We checked in first and waited for our gate to open since we arrived at 8:00 am. At 8:30 am the gate was already open and that is when we entered the plane.

"Mommy can I take the seat near the window?" I asked my mom.

"Sure darling." My mom answered and that made me smile.

I love sitting by the window, since I love to see the sceneries above and because I feel that it is such a breath of fresh air. Seeing the different landscapes and the clouds in the morning and the lights from below at night, makes me feel like I am free, it's like I am flying.

After 10 minutes the pilot and flight attendants announced that we are about to embark already, that is why we settled down and buckled our seatbelts. The take-off was super smooth, a round of applause to the pilot.

After an hour and thirty minutes we finally arrived at the Queen City of the South, Cebu City. My grandparent's driver picked us up at the airport and spoke.

"Welcome to Cebu ma'am and sir." With a smile on his face. He was so energetic in welcoming us that it can equate to my excitement to see the university where I will go to.

"Thank you kuya!" My dad said.

"Gusto ko lang po malaman ma'ams if marunong po ba kayong mag Bisaya, ang alam ko lang po kasi ay si sir po ay marunong." Manong driver asked.

"Kahibaw ko kuya mo Bisaya si mommy kay kahibaw sd gamay." I answered him in bisaya for him to know that I really know.

My dad's grandparents have a house here in Cebu, but they truly live in Manila, my dad said that their house was just bought when he studied here in Cebu, but we are not going to stay there. We are going to stay in the condo which my father bought for me. The condo is pretty near the school and it is close to S&R which means I can eat pizza there or anything.

"Maayo ma'am kay kahibaw ka, gamit kayo na nimo kung ngari ka mo skwela." Kuya said while giving me a thumbs up, I smiled at him and laugh lightly while nodding.

After that we entered the car, and drove to the condo. While we were going there kuya driver had a lot of stories to tell about daddy and the city.

"Alam niyo po ba ma'am na maraming masarap na mga pagkain dito katulad nalang ng pungko-pungko." Sabi ni kuya.

"Ahh pungko-pungko kuya the one where we eat ginabot, sha-I and other streetfoods?" I asked.

"Yes ma'am, masarap po yon. Nakatilaw naka ana ma'am? Kuya asked switching from Tagalog to Bisaya.