Chapter 1: Who is Tine Teepakorn?💋

A/N: Everytime I start a new AU, I think about how Sarawat & Tine would meet for the first time, and I think this is my absolute favourite first meeting. Hope you enjoy reading this story, as much as I enjoyed writing it.

Tine's POV

"Guntithanon still won't schedule a meeting with me." Dad grunted on the breakfast table. I hear him repeat this name at least a dozen times, every week.

"I am sure he will dad — He has to come around. Who wouldn't want to do business with the Teepakorns?" Type responded almost immediately in his usual sycophant manner.

For the past year, my father has been obsessed with some Guntithanon and wanting to do business with him. Not being part of the family business, I couldn't care less about who this Guntithanon was — probably some middle-aged man who realised he was too good to do business with my father. And he is probably right. I would applaud him if we ever met. Good for him, honestly.

"Where are you going Tine? Sit down and have breakfast." My father's wife yelled out, spotting me at the corner. Yes, she was just my father's wife.

Begrudgingly, I picked up a toast from the table and started walking again.

"I am leaving." I announced.

"Where are you going?" My father yelled back. "You need to come to the office with me. You can't keep ignoring me like this, Tine."

"I don't know why you even keep trying dad. Tine is up to no good — We already know that." I could hear Type talking as I walked out of the wide doors.

I know I should just really move to my apartment permanently instead of coming back here to the house. But then again, I didn't really have much money to keep renting the apartment. I didn't even have enough money to buy takeout this week, which is how I ended up back in this mansion.

My father lived in a mansion of a house with my step brother and his wife. The family business was worth millions — and yet, the irony was, I did not have any money of myself.

Why? Because, my dear father cut me off from my finances and made it impossible for me to access the inheritance that my dead mother left me, all because I refused to walk the path my father had set out for me. The path that would lead me directly into the gruesome family business.

I had tricked my father into allowing me to study law. He assumed that I would study corporate law and eventually join the company which would help me deal with all of the company's legal issues— Because let me be honest, the company had a lot of legal messes and all my father did was throw money at those problems.

Thankfully, my father or no one else in my family cared enough about me to even learn what I was doing in college. I was never going to do corporate law. I never wanted to go into the family business — I wanted to become a human rights lawyer.

But I was 25 now. My college was over. I had already given my bar exam. I was a full-fledged lawyer. A lawyer who did not join the family business. Dad gave me a 3-month ultimatum to come to the office -- but that was 3 months ago. He had cut me off now and refused to give me access to any money unless I joined the business officially.

Not that I even wanted my father's money. Mom had left me enough inheritance in her will before she died. The inheritance that included a few millions and a big commercial space in the business district. The space would be perfect for setting up my own law firm and the money would be enough to keep me afloat for a few years, at least until I could find my own feet on the ground.

But, and this was the biggest but, I could only get access to my inheritance under three conditions:

1- If I got married