Chapter 40: This is why we can't have nice things

Tine's POV

When I walked out of my office, I saw Sarawat leaning against his car. I was already late for our lunch date -- Thanks to my father's lawyers who wouldn't stop talking on the phone. Apparently, my father wants to see me 'urgently' and as expected, he can't take no for an answer.

But his lawyers refused to tell me why he wanted to see me. Well, he was alive and doing well in prison, he could wait another day. I wasn't going to cancel the date with my husband to go meet that man.

Walking closer to Sarawat, I noticed his clothes which looked oddly familiar.

"Isn't that my leather jacket?" I asked.

Sarawat chuckled. "Looks good on me, doesn't it?"

"Stealing my clothes now, are you?

"Your fault for leaving them unguarded." He smirked and got inside the car.

As Sarawat hit the ignition, I finally noticed our contradicting attires. I was wearing a suit and tie. But Sarawat, for the first time since I had met him... was wearing a leather jacket.

"I am sort of scared of even asking where we are going right now."

"Do you want to take a guess?" He smirked.

Oh, I am very scared.

"My initial guess was a seven course meal in some exclusive restaurant which you have probably booked entirely because you wouldn't tolerate people around.

But looking at your clothes, I am scared.
You are not flying us to another country, are you?"

He swerved the car.

"That depends."

"On?"

"What do you want to have for dinner?"

"I thought were were going out for lunch?
You already have the plane ready at the tarmac, don't you?"

"Fueled up and ready to go. Oh and your lunch is on its way to the airport right now."

Stay calm Tine, there's no need to yell.

"Wat... I know you are on a break from work but you can't just expect me to go with you to another country in the middle of the week. I have meetings after lunch. I have a court hearing tomorrow for an important case."

Sarawat rolled his eyes. "Cancel it. Come on Tine, it took me a lot of time to plan this out."

"The last time I agreed to your plan, you took me to Europe for a whole month."

"And? Why does it sound like you are complaining? You were definitely not complaining when you were in Italy."

"Wat, are you serious right now? I can't--"

And that's when... Sarawat started laughing.

"I was kidding.
You really think I would risk driving you empty stomach to the airport? On our first real date?
I am a man with a will to live, Tine.

And this is not even the way to the airport."

That's when I looked around and realised he was right. Although the road looked awfully familiar as the car slowed down.

"So we are really not leaving the country?"

"No. I am only taking you twenty minutes away from your office because I know its already late and you are most definitely hungry.