Chapter 28: I'm falling in love 🔞

Tine's POV 

Finally done with all the tests, which honestly took lesser time than I thought, I walked out to the waiting room. Sarawat was staring down the hospital window, holding his phone in his hand – His hand that was now bandaged entirely. And right then, the events of the day started unfolding in my head again.

This was the first time I had seen Sarawat break out of his calm demeanour. 

I also remembered bloodied Type lying on the ground, completely unconscious.

Was Type out of line? Definitely. 

Did Type deserve getting beaten up like that? Absolutely not.

I shouldn't be standing here and staring at Sarawat. Absolutely not.

I should be going up to him and yelling at him for his violent behaviour.

And yet, I stood frozen.

May be because this is the first time since mom died that someone has fought for me.

First time someone has stood on my side.  First time I have felt this flutter in my heart.

I wasn't sure what love really is, but it feels close. 

As I walked closer to him, Sarawat noticed my presence but he was still talking to someone on the phone.

"Keep me in loop and let me know if we hit a roadblock anywhere. I need this done. Soon." He said before he disconnected the call and put the phone back in his pocket.

"All good?"

"Yeah." I nodded. "Should we leave?"

"When will you get your reports?"

"They said it would take a few days." I put my hand around Sarawat's wounded knuckles. "Are you okay?"

He placed a kiss right on my cheek. "Of course babe. Do you want to have dinner at home or go out somewhere?"

"I want to go home." 

Sarawat smiled. "I'll inform Marie to get dinner ready."

/

/

/

/

/

Sarawat's POV

I clench my fingers tightly on the steering wheel replaying the same scene in my mind.

I should have killed that asshole.

No. Death would be the easy way out for him. I am going to tear him apart, little by little. And it will be so torturing that he'll wish he was dead. And then I am going to do the same with his asshole father.

Looking at my side, I notice Tine staring at the road, lost in thought. He hasn't said anything since we left the hospital but I know he has just been overthinking about everything that has happened.

I'm never ever going to let anyone hurt him again. And I'm never going to forgive anyone who tries to hurt him.

"Should we wait for Phukong? He might not even know we are back early from the wedding..."

Standing in the kitchen in opposite sides, I raised my eyebrows at Tine's innocent consideration. Tine prefers to see the good in people, which is probably why he let Phukong stay here and get an internship at his law firm. But what he doesn't know is that Phukong will probably never change his ways — everyday parties and holidays with his 'friends' who all come from rich families and have trust funds. that ensure they will never have to work a day in there lives. Just like Phukong.