Chapter 39: I'll tell you the truth, but never goodbye🔞

Note: There's some smut in this chapter. If you don't want to read it, just don't read the stuff between asterisks **. It doesn't affect the flow of the story.

Sarawat's POV

The first thing I notice as I walk into this apartment is the pan on the stove — which is dangerous because Tine doesn't know how to cook-- anything at all. Well, apart from an omelette or instant noodles. That's really all.

"You were going to make instant noodles, weren't you?"  I asked the now rhetorical question.

Tine rolled his eyes, but didn't answer.

Of course he was. There was just water boiling in the pan.

"Change your clothes, Wat or you will catch a cold.

Bathroom's that way, inside the bedroom."

I stared down at the floor and realised, my clothes were still dripping water.

Was it really raining that much? I was barely running through the rain for ten seconds.

"I don't want to get the whole house wet."

Tine stared at me and all I could see was anger on his face.

"Just go and change your clothes, Wat.

Please."

So, I decided to make my way through without any objections this time. He was finally offering me an olive branch and I was going to take whatever I could get.

When I finally took off the clothes, I realised I didn't have any.. clothes to actually wear. Pulling up a towel around me, I opened the bathroom door and called for Tine.

But even calling for his name, there was no answer. All I could hear was the loud thunderstorm outside. Walking further outside, I peeped through the bedroom and saw Tine furiously mopping the floor-- almost as if he was mad at the floor.

Was something bothering him?

Whenever there was something on his mind, Tine would start excessively cleaning.

Or was it just me? Bothering him by coming into his space.

I should probably just change my clothes, make sure Tine eats his dinner and leave.

"Tine... I need clothes." I said in the softest, quietest way possible from the bedroom, hoping he would hear me this time and hoping he wouldn't get angry at me.

"Just take some from the closet pick anything you want." Tine's kept mopping, without even looking up. "

"Tine, babe, I-- I don't know where you keep your clothes here..."

Tine threw the mop and walked furiously inside the bedroom. "Its right near the--"

Suddenly Tine stood still has he stared at me, or rather the necklace around my neck. The ruby necklace that Tine had given me, months ago.

When Tine looked up from the pendant to me, our eyes finally met. There was a beat of silence between us and it felt like the world stood still. I couldn't even hear the rain outside.

I don't know who moved first or when it happened before we were attached to each other. Before Tine had his arms around my neck and he was kissing my like he missed me just as much as I had missed me. And when I tasted him, that's when I realised just how much I had missed him. How my whole world comes to a stand still when Tine isn't around.

I pinned him over the wall and gave him hungry, rough kisses — like I hadn't seen Tine in years.

Licking his lips, I slid my tongue inside his warm mouth. I could never really get over how Tine tasted, right from the very first day I had met him.