Chapter 14: You belong with me💋

Sarawat's POV

"I would have gotten us a reservation at a more private place for dinner. Almost everyone will be looking at us here, Tine, with the news out about the wedding. There might even be some press here in a while." I said just as we walked into the restaurant.

Something was up with Tine, something was definitely up with me.

He calls me up out of the blue. He invites me on a 'date' and now he has driven us to a restaurant where we are bound to run into people who know us. Where we are bound to have eyes on us. But why?

May be it was my innocent enthusiasm when Tine said he wanted to invite me on a date, so I believed him. But our dinners at home were more private and more like a date.

This was not a date. This was a setup. But for what? What the hell was going on in Tine's mind this time?

"Why? Do you have a problem being seen with me?" He snapped back at me out of the blue.

"No. No.. why would I.... I thought you didn't like people staring at you and taking pictures."

"I never said that."

"I think you did..."

Okay, why the hell did I just say that? Now Tine looks like he wants to kill me.

"Good evening sir, shall I guide you to your seat?" A waitress suddenly walked up to us, nearly saving me from my death.

"Yes please."

As we got seated in the corner table, I could feel the eyes on us. Everyone was staring at us, just as I said. It was bothering Tine, just as I said. And yet, Tine was sitting here pretending like it didn't bother him one bit.

Tine really thinks he has a great poker face, but he really doesn't — I can see right through him.

Tine Teepakorn is planning something, but what?

Before I could say anything, Tine pulled out his phone and smiled. "Lets take a picture, shall we?"

He opened the camera, and turned to take a selfie.

"Sarawat, I am taking a picture, at least try to look like you are happy."

"I am happy." I shrugged my shoulders.

"You are not smiling. You have to smile.

.

No don't smile like a crazy psychopath, Sarawat. Turn it down a few notches."

I sighed and tried to smile again, and Tine-- Tine took a billion pictures of us.

When he finally stopped, instead of looking at me, he started tapping on his phone.

"What are you doing, Tine?" Be cool, Wat. Be cool, you don't want to sound too nosy.

"Ah... " Tine finally looked up. "I thought it would be nice to put a picture on Instagram, with the wedding announcement out. Just to keep up the appearances."

I tilted my head. "You don't have to worry about all that, Tine. For now, just focus on your law firm. In fact, I was — "

"Tine, god its been so long." A young girl, who seemed way too happy to see, suddenly stood near our table.

"Pear! When did you get back?" Tine stood up too. He knows her — of course.

"Just in time to hear about your marriage — I'm not sure if you are keeping up with the family gossip but they are ALL talking about you since morning. Mom almost cornered me today assuming I knew about your wedding. Of course, you beat everyone to it."