Chapter 35: Your heart was glass, I dropped it

Tine's POV

"How dare you say no to me? Do you even know who I am?"

I cringe as I overhear the voice I never wished to hear in a beautiful place like this. This person shouldn't be in Italy. I thought coming to another continent would at least help me avoid assholes.

After strolling through the beach to clear my head, I found a restaurant overlooking the sea. I perched on a corner table with some kind of German beer in my hand, whose name I couldn't pronounce.

The plan was quite simple -- Drink at least three beers before walking back home and straightening things up with Sarawat. I hated that I had yelled at him and bolted out. And I never wanted to do that in my life again.

But I was only finishing up my first beer and really hoping my plan didn't get disrupted by the asshole yelling in this bar right now -- still yelling. The asshole, I absolutely did not want to talk to.

So, I scooted in the corner even more and bend down my head so he wouldn't notice me.

I didn't have it even me to deal with him right now. The last time we met I almost punched him in the face because he was talking shit about Sarawat. Still regret not punching him

"Look who it is, the man of the hour-- " I didn't turn my head as I heard him yelling out, again. Considering how far away he was from me, he definitely wasn't talking to me. "The true devil who ruined my whole family. How does it feel to be hated by everyone in this world, Guntithanon?"

"Fucking great.... Umm, I am sorry I can't remember your name -- Thanawat has too many useless sons."

My neck snapped in their direction as I heard Sarawat's voice.

When I turned, I saw Sarawat mumbling something to Fong and while I couldn't make what he was saying, he definitely wasn't saying anything nice.

And then it happened -- like slow motion -- Fong's fist flew in the air and hit Sarawat's jaw.

What. the. fuck.

It all happened so fast, I don't even think I registered what happened before I was running towards him.

Before I lost my cool and hit Fong with everything that I had. Before I pushed him to the ground and kicked him till the restaurant staff gathered to stop me.

"I will fucking murder you if you even try to hurt my husband, Fong. Did you not understand my warning the last time?"

"Tine, you have lost your mind." That's all Fong could say in his boozy daze.

"Sir, you can't do that here. You need to leave" Two waiters were pacing towards me, probably to throw me out of the restaurant.

"Don't you dare... touch him.

Step back right now" Sarawat stared down the waiters.

"Boss, sorry. You told us to keep our distance." Two buffed men dressed in black suddenly appeared next to Sarawat, looking obviously out of breath.

I sighed. I didn't know what was worse -- Sarawat bringing security with him even on a private vacation or Sarawat getting hit by fucking Fong even after paying for these idiot bodyguards who couldn't even protect him.

"Wrap it up neatly." He said before turning towards me. "Lets leave Tine."

I didn't protest when Sarawat asked me to follow him. I should have never left the villa. I should have never yelled at him. We could have been drinking together in the pool right now -- Or having lunch, god, was I hungry.