Chapter 2: Why did you kiss me, Tine?

Tine's POV

Two weeks have passed since I trespassed into a stranger's house.

Two weeks have passed since I, for some still unknown reason, kissed a stranger.

Two weeks have passed since I had the best kiss of my life.

I have tried to forget it, I really have. But I can't seem to get that guy out of my mind.

I can't forget how electric it felt when we kissed — and I don't even know that guy's full name. Sarawat, I think his name was.

Well, I do know where he lives but I am never going back there again because the embarrassment I had to deal with that day was quite enough. God, I couldn't even look at myself in the mirror for days — It was the stupidest thing I have ever done in my life. Who goes to a stranger's house and kisses them?

What would have happened if he was really a married man?

What would have happened if he would have been really offended with me just kissing him out of the blue?

Well at least something good happened that day — Turns out, not meeting Mr Joss that day was the best thing that happened to me because he had lied to Fong about his wife. Not only was his wife not cheating on him, but she was also pregnant with his child. Joss was the one who was cheating and he needed a lawyer who could do his dirty to throw his wife out. Sure, I needed some quick money, but I was not that desperate to sell my principles.

Luckily, Fong felt so bad, he had gotten me another case, a simple one — a rich brat's DUI. It was nice and easy money. Although, dealing with the brat was probably more challenging than dealing with judges and prosecutors. But at least it was enough to cover up my rent for the next two months and keep me afloat.

Loosening my tie, I sat down in my apartment's balcony with a beer bottle, staring at the full moon. It had been a long day in court but I finally got through. The silence of this apartment was so much better than the chaos of my father's house where everyone just wanted me to do things for them.

My father constantly asked me to join the business. My step mother would keep showing me pictures of girls that I should supposedly marry, and Type... Type was a whole another kind of asshole. The scar on my knee was a testament to that.

I took a big chug of beer to celebrate my freedom — or whatever limited freedom my first paycheck had bought for me, when my phone rang.

Father calling...

Of course its him. Its like he can smell my happiness from far away.

I picked up the phone knowing full well I couldn't ignore him.

"What is it, dear Father?"

"There is party at the house on Saturday. You need to be there."

"Thank you but no thank you. I am sure your elder son's presence will be enough."

"I am not asking you, Tine. I am telling you to be there. This event is important and we need the whole family there together — All the family members, united."

"What family members? The one who threw all of my dead mother's pictures out of the house? Or the one who drove a car over me?" I asked in a low voice.

"Nobody drove a car over you Tine, stop being overdramatic. It was an accident. You know that."

"Oh was that? I thought that's what we were supposed to tell the police because what would have happened if everyone found out the Teepakorn family was an utter mess?"