Veinticuatro

WARNINGS: adult content

The corks from champagne bottles shot in the air one by one as the South was all about celebrations this evening. Visitors from Montreal returned to their country after an official agreement between two crews was sign and sealed. Lawrence was hard to convince at the beginning, but Lance was confident and he knew what he was doing. He took his father for a long conversation face to face, explaining why leaving things the way they were was the best option for everybody. Although Fernando and Sergio didn't want to celebrate their success too early after hearing the short report from what happened behind closed doors, Alessandra wasn't afraid. She was sure the worst things were now behind her and there was no such strenght that could tear her away from the South. And from Carlos. Alessandra was also truly impressed how Lance handled the whole situation and fitted into boss' shoes in a slight second. It became obvious he'll make a great leader one day. After everything was settled a document was prepared for Lawrence and Sergio to put their names at the end of it. The South had a right to keep it in case North was up to something in the future in the same matter and that's what Sergio did. There was no more reasons why Mr. Stroll should remain in Mexico City, so he, Lance and his men left right after the ceremony, leaving the mansion in ecstasy and agitation. "To our friends from the West who saved our lives and helped us in this difficult time," Sergio raised his glass filled with golden liquid, smiling bright to everybody gathered around the table and those around the dining room, making a toast which certainly won't be the last this evening. Colors came back to Mexican's face and it was visible that major weight fell off his shoulders the moment he signed the agreement with Lawrence. "And to our dear Alessandra who can truly start over now," Sergio turned to her directly for this part, wanting to welcome her into his house properly this time. Earlier, there wasn't much time for a formal welcoming. What's more, Sergio was afraid that not everybody at the beginning of the year wished to let in a stranger into their lifes. The situation changed with all Alessandra did for and within the crew, small and big things. "Salud! [Cheers!]" Fernando shouted, joining the toast. It caused people to giggle and chuckle, clinking of glasses followed and once they connected in a large group above the table they seemed to create a big diamond with light flickering on its surface.

Alessandra took a sip of her champagne, feeling a familiar burning in her throat. It wasn't too hard or too weak. It was quite alright for her taste, nevertheless after such stressful and long day she wished for something stronger. "I'll get you something when we're alone," Carlos whispered, leaning to her ear as if he was reading in her mind. His warm breath ghosted over her neck and shoulders, causing goosebumps to rise on Alessandra's tanned skin. "Are you planning something, Mr. Sainz?" you asked teasingly, but he just responded with a smiled. Of course he wouldn't spill any beans, yet his fiery gaze revealed enough. "If I may, it's been a pleasure to see you and your crew, although I wish circumstances could be different," Max spoke when members of both crews sat comfortably at table for traditional Mexican dinner. The kitchen stuff was almost floating around the dining room with plates in their hands and they reminded Alessandra of ballet dancers she had to watch back in New York as part of her training. "You're always welcomed in Mexico City whenever you want to come back," Sergio replied politely. "Is that mean you're leaving?" Alessandra hoped her voice won't get lost in very alive conversations happening on the other side of the table. "It's no use for me to be here anymore. Pastor is dead, the case with Lawrence is closed and I'm confident the South will do just fine now," Max declared. "I think it's a good moment to return to California, take care of my own crew," he added. "I understand and I wish you all the best, Max," The Italian smiled, already knowing Max with his crew will be missed. "I'll be leaving as well," Fernando confessed shortly after, putting his cutlery aside. It wasn't easy for him to announce that since his relationship with Carlos improved a little and coming home felt better than ever. On the other hand, he knew that if he stays in Mexico one more day he might never come back to Austin and unfortunately it wasn't an option. "Nevertheless, I'm happy you came when we needed you," Carlos looked like he was a bit disappointed by Fernando's decison, but he didn't seem surprised either. "Maybe you and Alessandra can visit me one day," Fernando proposed which was still new to him. The older Spaniard still had to get used to the fact Carlos wasn't a lone wolf anymore. He found his soulmate, someone he was willing to fight for and tear down every wall. Fernando admired his growth, especially remembering days when Carlos swore to never fall in love, to never have something to loose. Now, it was clear it wasn't about neither of those things, but finding the right person. "I'd love that," Alessandra turned to Carlos to seek his opinion. "I'd go to the end of the world for you, so Austin isn't that far away," he said, nuzzling his nose into her cheek. For that he earned a soft giggle of hers, something he didn't hear for a long time.