Ocho

Felipe and Gianluca helped move Carlos to his room. Alessandra was by his side all this time, until the doctor of the house arrived. The middle aged man told them to leave, so he could work. When Alessandra found herself in the cold hall, she felt her body going numb. She lean back against the wall and slowly fell down to sit on the marble floor. Her chest was heavy and she felt like her heart is about to stop. She looked down at her hands covered in blood. The skin of her neck was itching, because of the dry droplets of it. Alessandra closed her eyes as her mind was replaying over and over again the moment when Carlos got shot. She should have stopped him. She wasn't worth it. She didn't know how long she was sitting like this, but when she opened her eyes she saw Sergio standing before her. The mobster was looking at her with compassion. He kneeled on the floor, reaching out his hand to her. She took it and was pulled into his embrace. Few sobs managed to escape her throat as she put her arms around Mr. Perez's neck. "Everything is fine. We'll patch him up". Sergio said to her ear with soothing tone. "Everyone around me dies. I wreck havoc wherever I go". She cried, while pressing her cheek to his arm. "That's not true. That's just a world we live in. Shit happens, but none of it is your fault. I'm sure if you were the one to get shot, Carlos would be sitting here saying same words".

Deep down she knew it was true, but she lived in the sense of guilt for so long that it was hard to leave it behind. She should, because now she was in different enviroment, with different people. Mr. Webber would slap her in the face for sobbing on the floor, not hug her and tell everything will be alright. "We had a fight before it happened. And he said something that distract me enough to not hear that man behind me". She confessed. "What do you mean?". Sergio asked, but he suspected he knew about the reason of this fight. He noticed the change in Carlos' behaviour after The Spaniard came to his office, while Alessandra was in hospital. "He was such an asshole towards me. He didn't come to visit me and when I came back he was so cold". Alessandra left Sergio's embrace, remembering the small conversation she, Carola and Gianluca had during the shooting . "Carola said he came to you. That he resigned from me? And Gianluca mentioned something about the law...". Alessandra shook her head. "You need to tell me what's going on". Sergio nodded. He knew that sooner or later he'll be the one to tell her everything. "What my wife and Gianluca said is true. I promise that I'll explain that to you, but not today. You should clean up and get some rest. If something changes, I'll inform you first. Is that okay?". Alessandra nodded, though the last thing she wanted was to leave Carlos. Sergio was right. She just got out from hospital and was already living to the fullest. Once in her room she went to the bathroom. She looked at her reflection in the mirror, while the water was washing the blood off her hands. At first sight she seemed healthy, but inside every little part of her was shaking, sobbing and screaming. Alessandra took off her clothes which were covered in blood as well and stepped into the cabin under the warm steram of water. With the help of soap she washed her neck, but she was rubbing the sponge so hard that it left red marks on it. Alessandra bit on her lower lip when another wave of sorrow hit her. She covered her mouth as another tears spilled from her eyes and mixed with water. She wished Daniel and Nico were here. They always knew what to do. Without them Alessandra felt lost and for the first time she realised her brothers were really dead, which meant she needed to figure out how to live on her own.

Sergio came to her the next day, informing that Carlos' condition is good, but for now he needed to sleep a lot. Alessandra was happy to hear it, though she felt sad as it meant she's propably not welcomed right now in his room. Who she was for him to even demand it? "I'd like to continue our conversation if you don't mind, but in more friendly surroundings. ". The Mexican said next which surprised her a bit. Alessandra nodded, getting off her bed and followed him downstairs. Sergio stopped before massive wooden door to open them with the key. She gasped when he moved the door to reveal an enormous library with tones of books, ancient exhibits in showcases and knight's armors. "The boys will soon get up and toss around the house. Here it'll be quiet for us to finally talk". He explained, while leading her towards the couch and armchairs in the middle of it all. "So, you want to know if I spoke with Carlos before his sudden change in behaviour towards you?". She nodded, because the lump in her thought didn't let her speak. "Yes, I did. He came back from the hospital and said he resigns. He didn't tell me or Carola why. His only condition was that Gianluca will keep his eye on you for him, so I sent him to you. I thought it was your mutual decision, but then I found out you weren't awake yet". Alessandra noticed that Sergio was telling this like he was sure she knows about something already. Then she remembered that Carola caught her on not being familiar with the crew's law. Maybe there laid the reason of the whole misunderstanding. "Resigned from what, exactly?". Sergio frowned. "From owining you, though it's not good choice of words I must admit". He answered, confirming the words she heard yesterday. How funny and crazy it was in the same time. "I was sure you knew about this and that you agreed on it. You were a crew member after all". Mr. Perez continued and Alessandra made a thin line out of her lips. He deserved to know the truth."I never was a crew member. It's a lie. No, not a lie. You had the full right to assume it as I was found in that church and I didn't deny it. My story is completely different".