Dieciocho

Alessandra whimpered against the pillow as she turned under the warm covers of Carlos' bed. Though her eyes didn't want to open yet, she was trying to fight a urge to sleep more. She knew that if she takes one more nap, it will be hard to get up for a briefing. She reached her arm out in search of Carlos, hoping for some cuddles before kicking off with new day. Unfortunately, she was met with cold. Her arm fell to the empty space next to her with a muffled thump. Alessandra sat up in bed, keeping white covers close to her naked chest. Her eyes starred blankly at ripples made on the mattress, the only proof that Carlos was here not so long ago. His clothes from yesterday was spread out all over the floor along with her yellow dress. "Carlos". She called out, her voice raspy after the night. No response. Alessandra felt a stinging pain in her chest as her heart sank to the pit of her stomach. She gnawed on her lower lip, bringing her legs closer to her chest. She hoped he'll be here, that he'll be waiting for her. They made a huge step forward in their relationship last night. Carlos truly treated her with respect and love, as if it was her first time. She felt adored, but now all those positive emotions fade out. With Carlos everything suppose to look different, so why would he left her like this?

Suddenly, the door to Carlos' bedroom opened and the Spaniard himself stood in doorway. He was wearing a fresh new white buttonup and dark slacks. He was holding a golden tray in his hands which was decorated with flowers, platters with deliciously looking food, plates and two cups of coffee. "Buongiorno, amore [Good morning, love]". He greeted her with big smile on his face. He was clearly proud of himself that he managed to make such a nice surprise to the woman who stole his heart. The door fell close behind him and Carlos approached the bed, setting the tray in the spot that seemed the best for it. Alessandra was sitting in her place quietly, feeling guilty about assumptions she easily made just few seconds ago. "Amore...". Carlos noticed tears forming in the corners of her eyes. His fingers caught her chin lightly, lifting her head up. "What are those tears, huh?". He asked concerned as their eyes met. Alessandra shook her head, trying to force wet traitors back. "Tell me, Alessandra. My heart aches when you sad". Carlos sat next to her, his strong arms embracing her with all tenderness in the world. "Is it about last night?". He continued. "No, of course not! Last night was amazing". She denied. "Then what is it?". His fingers brushed the skin of her cheek as they moved to take some strands of her hair behind her ear. "What we did last night... was like pure magic and electricity running through my veins. I regeret nothing. But when I woke to an empty bed... But now I know you didn't just move on, you were making this". She took a glance at the beautiful tray, waiting patiently for their attention. "Mi dispiace, amore [I'm sorry, love]. I wanted to surprise you. I'll never leave you again like this". He promised and Alessandra smiled at his words. "So there will be more stunning nights with you, Mr. Sainz?". She asked, playing teasingly with the collar of his buttonup. "Nights, days, moments... Everything you wish for". A smirk curled up on his face. "One may come sooner than you think". He added, pushing her gently back on the mattress. She let him do that, embracing his waist with her legs. Carlos leaned forward to steal passionate kisses from Alessandra's lips, one after another, forgetting about the tray that could mess up the whole bed. The only mess he cared about was the one of the woman underneath him after he'll please her.

"Can you stay here for a moment longer, please? Both of you". Sergio asked, leaning more into their direction once they meeting was over. His voice was lowered, so the other crew members walking out of the briefing room didn't hear him. Alessandra and Carlos looked at each other a little confused, but they stayed in their seats until the three of them where the only people left. "What do you need?". Carlos spoke up first. Sergio made a thin line out of his lips and lowered his head. Alessandra noticed in rescent days that the Mexican was rather tensed, but she thought it's because of the ball. But now it seemed to be worst and the only explanation for that was them. Or her. "There's something you need to know about". Sergio announced, reaching to the pile of folders before him. He pulled a file from under them which was the same file Alessandra saw on the day she was looking for Sergio's wedding ring. Nevertheless, she remained silent. The Mexican held the file in his hands as if he didn't have a strenght to show it to them. "I think you saw it earlier, Alessandra. But I know you didn't take a look at what's inside". Sergio begun and Carlos grew confused even more. "Indeed". She cleared her throat. "I encountered it while I was looking for your ring after Pastor's ambush". She explained. Sergio nodded, not looking at her and sighed deeply. "I need to send you away, Alessandra". When he finally said it his voice was shaky and at some point barely hearable. "What?". Carlos chuckled at how ridiculous that sounded. "I need to send Alessandra away. I mean it". Sergio repeated with more firm tone and his eyes closed. His fingers dig into the file, crashing the paper with inhuman force. Then suddenly, he tossed it away in their direction as if it was burning him.