Cuatro

A lot of good things happened during the stay in Fernando's house. Carlos seemed more relaxed as he could catch up with his father figure, the boys were thrilled to sit at one table with someone like Fernando (he forbid to call him Mr. Alonso as in his opinion he was still young and handsome) and Sergio apologized to Alessandra for his behaviour back in New York City. She wasn't evenmad at him. To be honest she didn't care what he would think about her, but she was glad they cleared the atmosphere between each other. As the pain in her side was slowly becoming unberable, Alessandra lost her apetite, which caught Carlos' attention. She managed to fool him with being tired and thanks to that she went to sleep earlier. Shivers were dancing all over her body from the slight fever. It took all of her strength to act normal as possible.

Before they left Mr. Alonso's house, Alessandra asked Carlos to wake her up when they'll cross the border. She planned to sleep on American soil to be more awake in Mexico. She kept repeating to herself in her thoughts that her condition will improve in few more hours, but she knew it was a lie. She didn't even believe in that lie anymore. Instead she thought about dying without saying the last word and it terrified her. The group made one and only stop in Laredo where they were also crossing the border. Alessandra used her chance of going to the bathroom to check her wound in peace. She put a fresh dressing on her side this morning, but it was already soaked with pus. The wound looked horrible, her skin around it. The whole picture made her sick, so she leaned over the skin and vomitted. The sweat was covering her forehead when she finished. Her hands were shaking. She put the dressing back on her body, looking into the small mirror on the wall in the same time. She looked like a ghost. Her skin was pale, her eyes glossy and lost some weight over the week. Alessandra didn't have a chance to have a closer look on Laredo, because the drivers felt confident enough to accelerate the speed after crossing the border to get as fast as they could to Mexico City. When they reached their destination in the late afternoon, Alessandra was strucked by grandeur of the city. The cars drove in low speed through the centre, so she could admire the skyscrapers lighten by setting sun. The Mexican flags were everywhere she looked. Thousands of people were walking the streets, restaurants were full and it was all happening in surroundings of ancient historic buildings.

Sergio's mansion was huge with columns and at least eight bedroom at front. Some members of house's staff was waiting outside to greet the master of the house. The cars were left in the courtyard as weary travellers spread all over the house after being away for some time. Carlos took his small suitcase from the trunk, which served him for longer than three days he suppose to spent in New York City. Then he lead Alessandra to the entrance and the main hall. They took the stairs on the right which Alessandra climed up miraculously without passing out. But she was close. She decided that right after they arrived in her room, she'll tell her companion how bad she feels. They found themselves in long corridor with lots of doors. Carlos walked up to the fifth on the right and opened them before Alessandra. She entered it without hesitation as she started to getting used to new surroundings. The kingsize bed was already prepared for her with different towels lying on it and the enormous wardrobe was filled with clothes, shoes as well as some jewelry. "This is your bedroom. You can do whatever you want here. If you need something and I'm not here, the staff is right behind the corner. Feel free to ask them anything". Carlos walked up to the next door and opened them, revealing bathroom made from marble with golden accents here and there. "Here's the bathroom. Sergio asked the stuff to put some things for you here as well".

"What's behind that door?". Alessandra asked, pointing at another entrance. Carlos pulled the door handle, showing second bedroom very similar to hers. "That's my room. I never use the lock and I'd ask you to do the same". The girl smiled. "Why? So you could scare me at night? Sharing a bathroom with me is not enough?". Carlos chuckled. "It's just in case, Alessandra". She nodded. "Does all bedroom are connected like this?". She asked from curiosity. "No, just this one. It is believed this house was owned by some royals in the past and they didn't sleep in one bed". Alessandra bit on her lower lip. "Interesting. As much as the fact you're already living on the other side".