Dos

Carlos was sitting on Alessandra's bed and stared on bathroom door behind which the girl disappeared couple of minutes ago. He still couldn't get over the words he heard in Sergio's office. The law is the law and he needed to respect it if he wanted to remain in the crew. He wanted to help Alessandra recover from the very beginning as he watched over her while she was sleeping. But owning her? Owning someone at all? She wasn't a thing he could take like a souvenir. She was a woman, a living person. How he suppose to tell her that? Should he at all? He didn't like the idea of this dinner as well, where Sergio could easily interogate Alessandra and maybe even humiliate her in front of strangers. Thank God Carla left some of her stuff in the house, so Alessandra could use them. If she won't feel confident with people surrounding her, at least she won't feel neglected. Earlier today he took her to the enormous wardrobe of Sergio's wife and let her choose a dress for this evening. Carlos was sure that no matter what dress Alessandra would pick she'd look stunning. "How was your meeting with your boss? You're in trouble or something?" Alessandra's voice came from behind the door, waking Carlos up from his spinning thoughts. "No, we're good. You don't have to worry. He wanted to discuss with me our return to Mexico. We have been staying here for too long, so we have to come back now". There was a silence on the other side. When Carlos got up from bed, ready to check on her, the door opened and Alessandra stood in a doorway. His heart started to beat faster as the gleaming material fitted her curved perfectly. The tanned skin of her bare shoulders made a perfect combination with silver dress. "By we you mean what exactly?" She approached him, while looking into his dark hues. Carlos took a deep breath before answering. Sergio's words from this morning played in his head again. He didn't want to own Alessandra. Owning a woman was wrong in general, but he couldn't help to ignore the influence on him. But he'll have to kill those feelings eventually when they come back to Mexico. His main priority was the crew and stopping Maldonado. He couldn't get distracted by the thought that something might happen to her. He had two more days to cheerish them, before they will cross the border. "The crew, me and you... Did you thought The South will leave you here?".

"Somehow, yes". She admitted. Carlos' heart skipped a beat when the thought crossed his mind of Alessandra knowing the law as well as Sergio and realising why he was so tensed around her. "Did you thought I will leave you here?" Alessandra smiled. Without giving him an answer she turned around. Carlos noticed that the back of the dress was still unzipped. "Will you help me?". She looked at him over her shoulder, collecting her hair to the one side in the same time. Carlos moved closer, placing one hand on her hip, the second on the zip. His warm touch sent shivers down her spine. He slowly moved the zip up, so he could enjoy the stunning view before him. "If you don't want to go there just tell me. I deal with Sergio. You don't have to act like you're unbreakable". Carlos said, while she turned around to face him again. "I'm fine". Carlos sighed, but it was true. If she knew how, she could mourn only three or four people from the whole crew. "Your whole family just died, Alessandra. You're allowed to mourn, no law will forbid you to do it". He lay his hands on her shoulders as if he wanted to assure her it's okay to cry. "Maybe law won't. But I will. We're one big crew, Carlos, but you have no idea how different we are. The South is kind, warm, you have real families and in the same time you're though like stones. The East is... was just though. We don't feel, we don't cry, we don't mourn". Alessandra lowered her head a bit like she was ashamed of something beyond her control. Carlos took her chin in his fingers, making her look at him. "You're now officially a part of the South. Like you said, there's no East anymore". Propably Sergio should do that, proclaim her as the new member, but that will be their little secret. "I need time". She swallowed hard, a bit intimidated by how close they were. Alessandra took a step back, escaping his touch. "When do we leave?". She quickly changed the subject to distract herself. "Tomorrow morning, though the journey will last three days. First we'll drive to Nashville in Tennessee. The second day we travel to Austin in Texas where we stay at Mr. Alonso's house for a night. And on a third day we go straight to Mexico". Alessandra frowned. "We'll travel by cars? Sergio doesn't have his own plane or something?". Carlos let a breathy laugh. "Sergio doesn't travel by plane. That's an interesting story, but for another evening". The girl smiled. "Shall we go then?".